advertisement

Experiment over/Sanity resumed

I'm afraid your experiment is invalid, as it was not a double-blind ABX test. You are obviously suffering from the placebo effect, or expectation bias. Electrons don't know what cable they are running through, for heaven's sake! O but they do and they feel really short-changed and dejected when they have to travel through a boring shoe-lace kind of interconnect. Conversely, high-end cables with thick and colourful sleeves adorned with beautiful gold print revigourates them which is why they tend to sound better ;) Next thing you'll be saying that turntables make a difference, when all they have to do is rotate at a fixed speed.

cont'd p.94.....
brr

Tellurium Q Black speaker cable tried because it was raved about got replaced by Van Damme Blue and thankfully I managed to sell the TQ Black.

Got some Chord c-line Tuned aray interconnects before Christmas to see what the fuss about Chord and this game changing "technology" was about. Dull as anything. They are still in place I'll swap back in case they have burned in.

I'm building my first mains cable care of one of MCRU's free kits. I await being amazed.

Here is the News: Some wires can make a difference in some systems.

There are few things more satisfying than proving to yourself that you are right and it seems telling others. Do you think you would be equally happy if you kept silent on the matter?
The first part is correct, the second is sharing my thoughts on a forum, thought that is what most do on here.

There are few things more satisfying than proving to yourself that you are right and it seems telling others. Do you think you would be equally happy if you kept silent on the matter?

But of course not, judging by the interest in this thread.:D It's very satisfying to interconnect with people.

Tellurium Q Black speaker cable tried because it was raved about got replaced by Van Damme Blue and thankfully I managed to sell the TQ Black.

Got some Chord c-line Tuned aray interconnects before Christmas to see what the fuss about Chord and this game changing "technology" was about. Dull as anything. They are still in place I'll swap back in case they have burned in.

I'm building my first mains cable care of one of MCRU's free kits. I await being amazed.

Here is the News: Some wires can make a difference in some systems.
Sounds like your determined not to, very similar to how some describe people who want to hear an improvement but to the opposite effect.

The chord cables cost me £30, the speaker cable £24 & the mains cables £14 in total, worth every penny to my ears & my sister's according to her.

There is no need to spend the kind of money you have on telurium q to reach a satisfactory result, silly prices I think.

Sounds like your determined not to, very similar to how some describe people who want to hear an improvement but to the opposite effect.

The chord cables cost me £30, the speaker cable £24 & the mains cables £14 in total, worth every penny to my ears & my sister's according to her.

There is no need to spend the kind of money you have on telurium q to reach a satisfactory result, silly prices I think.

I would be facinated how you deduce that I am determined not to, do you believe you are skilled in interpreting peoples intentions from so little information?

With regard to mains cables what I didn't bore the arse off you saying was I have tried two suppliers of constructed mains cables offerings already and they made 0 difference to SQ. As one last attempt at open mindedness I thought I'd give this give away MCRU kit a go. Mains makes a difference thats why I use a regenerator.

Just so I don't have to put up with your ill judged opinions too much - The way I approach assessing things in my HiFi is like people applying for a job. You read their CV (note comments others have made, if interesting arrange to interview) then interview them asking how they see themselves as able to do this job (HiFi equivalent, ok show me you can do what people say you can). It might be called a questioning open mind waiting to be convinced/sold the product.

I get the impression some folks have bought a tweak before even trying it (they find everything works for them).

Keep telling us about your experiences.

I would be facinated how you deduce that I am determined not to, do you believe you are skilled in interpreting peoples intentions from so little information?

With regard to mains cables what I didn't bore the arse off you saying was I have tried two suppliers of constructed mains cables offerings already and they made 0 difference to SQ. As one last attempt at open mindedness I thought I'd give this give away MCRU kit a go. Mains makes a difference thats why I use a regenerator.

Just so I don't have to put up with your ill judged opinions too much - The way I approach assessing things in my HiFi is like people applying for a job. You read their CV (note comments others have made, if interesting arrange to interview) then interview them asking how they see themselves as able to do this job (HiFi equivalent, ok show me you can do what people say you can). It might be called a questioning open mind waiting to be convinced/sold the product.

I get the impression some folks have bought a tweak before even trying it (they find everything works for them).

Keep telling us about your experiences.
Touchy

Surely if you agree that a certain cable makes an improvement then the question of price is irrelevant? I'm quite sure by some people's standards £30 for some interconnects is taking the piss and a complete extravagance. Conversely to some a £1k on some other Chords is good value.

Surely if you agree that a certain cable makes an improvement then the question of price is irrelevant? I'm quite sure by some people's standards £30 for some interconnects is taking the piss and a complete extravagance. Conversely to some a £1k on some other Chords is good value.
Can't see the point to that, I was pointing out it hasn't cost much to get a good result as opposed to what the guy had paid for one cable.

You have just demonstrated what the majority here know, but no longer say because of the tiny vocal minority who bully anyone who states what is patently obvious to anyone with functioning ears. BTW Tellurium Q is rubbish - I wasted some money on some - Van Damme is much better.

You have just demonstrated what the majority here know, but no longer say because of the tiny vocal minority who bully anyone who states what is patently obvious to anyone with functioning ears. BTW Tellurium Q is rubbish - I wasted some money on some - Van Damme is much better.
Which van damme have you used, there seems to be different grades, I did try some once with poor results but I'm not sure which it was, maybe it wasn't meant for hifi but for studio's instead, I have no idea.

I've used the Blue studio stuff and the 4mm and 6mm "hi fi" cable. They're all pretty similar. The 6mm cable has marginally more bass.

advertisement

Back