Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Ex-Demo Markaudio Sota speakers

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by orangeart, Oct 18, 2019.

1. eastone

eastone pfm Member

What amp are you using Jake?

2. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

You gotta love the soundstage on full range drivers, it's what got me into them in the first place. Some older member here will remember my hugely expensive experiments with multiway DSP active speakers. The last pair I built had nearly £3k of drivers before I did anything else. None of them got close to a cheap pair of full rangers for sound stage and musical separation.

lordmortlock and eastone like this.
  3. lordmortlock

lordmortlock Mark Audio drivers and TP4 Cartridges

I’ve been using a Prima Luna Dialogue 2 for a year or so but I’ve just bought a Bel Canto C7r, as I fancied a good quality one box solution. Both great amps, surprised how good the mids are with the BC. I was expecting ’clean’ and ‘detail’ but there’s a lot more to it than that.

hifinutt and eastone like this.
  4. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Hi Stefan,

Thanks to Jake’s comments on these, you’ve got an order for another pair on their way to Stroud (MBR) :)

Will see how they compare to my Tannoys, which are sold and awaiting collection. Probably an unfair match up, but should be interesting nonetheless!

lordmortlock and orangeart like this.
  5. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

That's great, I've missed UPS today so they will get collected tomorrow now.

Feel free to start threads in the main audio room :)

6. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

My MBR’s arrived last week not had a chance to set them up yet, hopefully today after work.

lordmortlock likes this.
  7. dubblebubble

dubblebubble pfm Member

Received my MBs last week, very speedy transaction, thank you Stefan!

They've been running in since arrival and I bought a new pair of Atacama Moseco stands to go with the white finish. The sound from the full range drivers has been a pleasantly surprising experience. I do look at them sometimes and think, how are they doing that?

8. Amber Audio

ProAc 115 out, Cesti MBR in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lordmortlock, orangeart and ThELiZ like this.
  9. orangeart

orangeart KJF Audio Ltd.

They look like nice little stands

10. Amber Audio

orangeart likes this.
  11. lordmortlock

lordmortlock Mark Audio drivers and TP4 Cartridges

Popcorn emoji ...

12. Amber Audio

I just bought Bel Canto Ref600M from MAX and am really pleased with them, I've seen hifinut mention BC a few times so decided to take a punt, big grin moment when I fired them up into my ESL11a, replaced Quad QMP Monos which I was surprised at not liking because as I did really like their QSP Elite.