Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

EWA pfm tour: demo kit

Discussion in 'audio' started by ABCaudio, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Bronzeage

Bronzeage pfm Member

Not sure the LS-40 is the way to go for you, I have both cables and the 80 has tighter and more controlled bass. Frankly, excess bass is better treated by positioning speakers if at all possible, but if not, you get into tricky territory, as there is usually some compromise. The starting point cables might solve your bass issue, but then you will lose the scale, detail and refinement of the LS-80. Still, no harm in trying ?

2. Which speakers (and stands?) are you using?

3. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

I am pretty sure that I felt the same as you when I upgraded,and don't want to lose all the '80's bring but before I tried the bungs I was wondering what I could try - I also have a cheap-ish second system that could use some cables, and I was thinking possibly the starting point..

My speakers are bespoke Tannoy Balmorals with iso acoustic gaia feet, front ported and now with foam plugs which have really helped - I've got some denser foam to try when I have a mo..

4. Are the cabinets well braced? Maybe some extra internal damping/stick on bitumen sheets too?

steveinspain likes this.
  5. LollipopGuild

LollipopGuild New Member

Hello all. I've recently been steered towards EWA cables, away from Tellurium. From what I've read here the LS-40 would be the better option for my system.

Does anyone feel that the Furutech connectors (spade and Z) are worth the extra £200?

Thanks

6. CJ14

CJ14 Oh not again.

I have sent you a PM, best Col

7. Adamgordoncr8

Adamgordoncr8 pfm Member

Alan, do you have a 5m run of LS80 for demo?
    Can't say that I'm unhappy with the LS40 and A40. But always interested in what's next....

My A40 is fantastic. Don't think I've ever been happier with a purchase.

Discopants, CJ14 and johnacurtis like this.
  8. CJ14

CJ14 Oh not again.

John I am happy you like the A40, just completed a prototype 200W/ch version, it is evil power thing mmmmm nice.

johnacurtis and quickie like this.
  9. johnacurtis

johnacurtis pfm Member

Sounds like a beast is about to be unleashed!!

10. CJ14

CJ14 Oh not again.

No John a Gentle Giant, no I started to build it for the Queen Jubilee Party in our close in London , Made speaker also with a 1M x 0.5M x 0.5M box with 12inch Pro Celeston (200W) (spelling naff) and a 8inch Audax copy (100W) with tamed Piezo Tweeter, but as the got built there were f------g heavy 120Kgs each so far.

Then Linda the organizer noticed a filled 12inch hole in the back of one, my finger trouble I cut the hole to big, so I told her it had a hysterectomies and the stiches had not healed up yet , she clump me. eh why? She is good.

johnacurtis likes this.
  11. iansr

iansr pfm Member

I’ve never heard a Piezo tweeter, how do you rate it Col ?

12. CJ14

CJ14 Oh not again.

Normally they are harsh not to good, ideal for P.A. but I wired them with Litz and damped it down with 0.47uF 250VAC cap with a 2R7 25W resistor, much improved.