advertisement

EWA pfm tour: ABCaudio demo kit

Hi Colin
The one I have here is the black case one that I believe Alan picked up from you early last week, so I guess this is a PCB 3 version?
Cheers
John

Balance and Phono in MC/MM , mine and Sams have DACs also but I will not be fitting them in the final design, has this tech digital lies keep changing every 3.142 Secs. So I leave this bit of the pie to the digital tech lads and ladies.

Think that's a good decision, I'm also in the camp of separating "long term" analogue and "short term" digital.

BTW, a lot of digital comes with its own volume control these days, maybe consider a "power amp input" if it's not too complex?

It a shame each one takes over two weeks to make after waiting weeks for parts, the electronic distribution of new parts are mostly telling me 12-18 weeks for bits crazy. But I do want 0.1% Rs and 2.5%Caps and matched set of semi's.
And now I have wait 6wks for my customer design transformers with there uMetal and electrostatic shield not including the 4 output windings and 20% over wind on the primary to reduce audible buzz. Heavy beasts, I dropped one on foot and I always wear sandals, ouch. (Shoe size 12 so toe protector boots not good) It was good enough for the Romans so I am ok.

Right chaps have a great and maybe quiet Christmas I am, well no I am going to play music very loud yippeee.:)

Just taken delivery of my new IC-25 interconnect too and have just put between my Allegri + passive pre-amp and my new A40 power amp.
5 minutes in and it seems to add another amount of clarity than with the Mogami cable that I was using and more defined, controlled bass.
No idea if all this needs bedding in at all, but first impressions again with all the EWA products I've had, is very very good!

Just taken delivery of my new IC-25 interconnect too and have just put between my Allegri + passive pre-amp and my new A40 power amp. 5 minutes in and it seems to add another amount of clarity than with the Mogami cable that I was using and more defined, controlled bass.
No idea if all this needs bedding in at all, but first impressions again with all the EWA products I've had, is very very good!

I'm going to say that bedding in might make it better. However it's a superb cable. Transparency is amazing.

I'm finding Colin's stuff doesn't mess with the signal. Just carries it as best as possible.
If anyone wants to come over and hear Colin's cables vs wet string PM me.

With my full loom of LS40, IC25, IC25 USB and MCS5s and my new A40 playing on my Tab Anns Everything ButThe Girl - Walking Wounded album is so crisp, deep and involving. Snares arw natural but clean. Bass is deep and hard hitting.

Superb stuff. I'm very happy with this system.

The Bosman red I'm drinking adds further depth and detail

My time with the wonderful LS40s has come to an end and according to Alan, Chris Marshall is the next recipient.
Chris could you please message me with your contact info, thanks Paul

Nice one, are you anywhere near West Yorkshire, Adam? I've got LS-80's, IC-25 and heard most of the others ;-) — just itching to hear this A40 wonder amp.

Hi , It not a wonder amp, but it is a nice one.
Still working on wonder amps, and still learning keeps me of the street. And beside not much call for a tatty old man body these days.

Merry Christmas all.

P.S. Thanks Alan for so much fun over the last year.

Chris Marshall is next. I need to pull the power cable and go back to my DIY and evaluate but right now I have my best sound yet with colins power cable and coherent RTZ grounding device both recently added.

I'm getting Chris details together now.

Happy New year.

Nice one, are you anywhere near West Yorkshire, Adam? I've got LS-80's, IC-25 and heard most of the others ;-) — just itching to hear this A40 wonder amp.

Sorry dude, Northampton here.

Going to have to make the LS80 move next year I think. The A40 really is a lovely amp. Can't fault it compared to anything else I've ever heard.

Never been happier. So fast. So clean. So deep.

I hope Xmas went well and the New Year hold some nice times for you all.
The new tiny Integrated is coming along nicely.
Any thoughts please on the front panel material, Aluminium, Melamine , Acrylic (to NVA). And Colour the first two Inca Tech Claymore were Florescent Orange, thank goodness they got stolen in New York.
Size Approx 40mm H, 300mm W, 220mm Deep. As you should be aware we are trying to make this a budget amp so Quickie and IanR no solid Gold is out OK :)

I hope Xmas went well and the New Year hold some nice times for you all.
The new tiny Integrated is coming along nicely.
Any thoughts please on the front panel material, Aluminium, Melamine , Acrylic (to NVA). And Colour the first two Inca Tech Claymore were Florescent Orange, thank goodness they got stolen in New York.
Size Approx 40mm H, 300mm W, 220mm Deep. As you should be aware we are trying to make this a budget amp so Quickie and IanR no solid Gold is out OK :)

Brushed aluminium anodised black with laser engraved logo, and when you power on, a string of faint LED lights that 'bump up' to max, then down again. You could even put the lights behind the logo, so they run through a sequence highlighting the logo and then back down to a faint illumination.

Or stainless steel. Like a Delorean, with VU displays lit with a colour changing LED light that can be set on preferred colour by the user.

Hifi case designers need to come up with new ideas and not be afraid of upsetting the 'old guard'! (they all dieing out anyway so gotta project towards the future!)

Also, Colin can you ask Alan to check his emails!

Last edited:

advertisement

Back