advertisement

Ewa amplifier 'house sound'?

Alan and I have had a long chat about this.
So with luck and no nasty reactions to the 2nd Covid Jab today, I will be dropping of to Alan's Den a Claymore and a M50 for the round Robin listen on Pinkfish.
You will need to chat a book you listen via Alan on https://www.abcaudio.biz/, you will be ask to look after the beasts and arrange collection etc. And only Pinkfish bloggers will be only allowed to do this, so book today.
Alan will provide me with the names etc of member's who take this offer up.

Have fun best Col

Alan and I have had a long chat about this.
So with luck and no nasty reactions to the 2nd Covid Jab today, I will be dropping of to Alan's Den a Claymore and a M50 for the round Robin listen on Pinkfish.
You will need to chat a book you listen via Alan on https://www.abcaudio.biz/, you will be ask to look after the beasts and arrange collection etc. And only Pinkfish bloggers will be only allowed to do this, so book today.
Alan will provide me with the names etc of member's who take this offer up.

Have fun best Col
I think you are going to be busy Col ! ;)

My thoughts
1. Wonderful soundstage with a wall of sound
2. Total engagement in the music irrespective of genre
3. An insight into the music itself ie more than detail
4. Scary dynamics
5. Agility not just speed
6. Bass and more bass

Reads like a toilet trip of mine.

So track layout is critical. And component choice for long life and performance must be checked, a fun time for me.
Hi Colin, I'm wondering why you don't use the LT4320 active rectifiers. No voltage drop, no heat, less noise (& that noise being a perfect sign wave). Obviously more expensive and slightly more complicated, 4 MOSFETS and one IC vs 4 diodes. Thanks

Hi Colin, I'm wondering why you don't use the LT4320 active rectifiers. No voltage drop, no heat, less noise (& that noise being a perfect sign wave). Obviously more expensive and slightly more complicated, 4 MOSFETS and one IC vs 4 diodes. Thanks

In 1992. I designed the first active rectifier using FET's and Comparators for use in the Cruises Missiles it was used on the six phase generator, OK this was at 100A plus and yes it does worked, oh I also published it in Wireless World , but because the FET is mounted what appears to be reversed the short sighted editor printed upside down.
The a Japanese engineer published more of my work and did a full bridge.
The problem in track layer for me is not the PSU but keeping track MASS and LENGHT and WIDTH and screening the same for left and right, star earthing is not hard just be careful, but interwoven tracks is a nightmare's and pickup can be a pain. And Earth Plane is not the answer only for shielding and it must be starred.
Multi Layer PCB is great but cost is a pain and on proto-types tooling cost are to be blunt shit and you have to allow for capacitance .I have done 12 Layer flexible PCB at Inca Tech so the circuit could be wrapped around the chassis it was for a mixer.
I also did a mixer that used ceramic PCB, and PCB in Diamond Substrates for Low Noise SSR. (see Root2 Ltd).
So 50yrs + and still learning (I hope).

advertisement

Back