advertisement

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Yes. Interesting idea but bailed after a bit when it just got properly weird.

Yes. Interesting idea but bailed after a bit when it just got properly weird.

:)

We were wondering where it was going for a good half of the film, the whole thing works well but there are definitely scenes that have no apparent meaning.
I recommend sticking with it, but it very much depends on ones taste and previous film experience.

recommend sticking with it, but it very much depends on ones taste and previous film experience.

for example - a couple of days ago I had a conversation with my youngest Son. (He is 31 yrs old)
He was trying to remember a film maker who made a Short that he used to enjoy as a child. It took me a minute to remember who he was referring to from the description he gave me.

I pointed The Boy to ‘Alice’ by Jan Svankmajer, a film that I thought he might have seen, fantastical film. I first saw it in the early 90’s. I had forgotten about it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095715/

The short that the Boy couldn’t remember fully.

this >

for example - a couple of days ago I had a conversation with my youngest Son. (He is 31 yrs old)
He was trying to remember a film maker who made a Short that he used to enjoy as a child. It took me a minute to remember who he was referring to from the description he gave me.

I pointed The Boy to ‘Alice’ by Jan Svankmajer, a film that I thought he might have seen, fantastical film. I first saw it in the early 90’s. I had forgotten about it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095715/

The short that the Boy couldn’t remember fully.

this >
Svankmajer is wonderful. First discovered his work in the 'eighties as the Quay Brothers mentioned him in an interview.

Watched this the other night, found it very enjoyable (the misses gave up after 15 minutes lol!) - The hot dog fingers made me howl! It's definitely a film I'll have re-visit, and perhaps after a smoke or some shrooms! :D

Watched it last week here in Hangzhou with Chinese mate (Mandarin Subs for him) we boththought it was hilarious and fantastic. Definitely one to rewatch a few times.

advertisement

Back