advertisement

Everything but the girl - Eden remastered?

steveinspain

pfm Member
When Eden first came out it became an instant favourite of mine, and I the other day I wanted to get a copy for a teenage friend who's ears actually seem to be capable of listening. I discovered that there was/is a remastered version. A quick search shows it available for vast sums - has anyone here got it, is the remastering done well, and are the extra tracks of a similar quality as the album?
I guess I'm asking is it worth putting on my list of cds wanted for Christmas?

The original sounds so good I can’t imagine why anyone would want to remaster it!

This 5xCD box is not as good value as it once was (under a tenner), but still worth a punt as it gets most of their stuff in its original form for not a huge amount.

PS When shopping EBTG don’t overlook Tracy Thorn’s wonderful A Distant Shore or the Marine Girls.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not heard it but it’s on Amazon Music if that’s any help. Worth grabbing for the extras disc as well as anything by the looks of it.

The original sounds so good I can’t imagine why anyone would want to remaster it!

This 5xCD box is not as good value as it once was (under a tenner), but still worth a punt as it gets most of their stuff in its original form for not a huge amount.

PS When shopping EBTG don’t overlook Tracy Thorn’s wonderful A Distant Shore or the Marine Girls.
I can't argue with that Tony!
As for the 5cd box set - I've got them all already.
However, I'd not heard of the Marine Girls until an hour or so ago, and can't see a copy in your list of cds for sale, so had better get searching.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
When Eden first came out it became an instant favourite of mine, and I the other day I wanted to get a copy for a teenage friend who's ears actually seem to be capable of listening. I discovered that there was/is a remastered version. A quick search shows it available for vast sums - has anyone here got it, is the remastering done well, and are the extra tracks of a similar quality as the album?
I guess I'm asking is it worth putting on my list of cds wanted for Christmas?

If this is the double CD version, I have it but am ashamed to say have never listened to it. I can't tell you at the moment because they are all packed up for a move. I have most of the others in that format and the few I have listened to sound very good. I would agree with other posters about all of their output being well recorded/mastered and the early solo stuff is also excellent so worth seeking out. As we are entering the festive season, I would also seek out Tracey Thorn's Christmas album for its wonderful low key and slightly melancholic take on 'Christmas'.

If this is the double CD version, I have it but am ashamed to say have never listened to it. I can't tell you at the moment because they are all packed up for a move. I have most of the others in that format and the few I have listened to sound very good. I would agree with other posters about all of their output being well recorded/mastered and the early solo stuff is also excellent so worth seeking out. As we are entering the festive season, I would also seek out Tracey Thorn's Christmas album for its wonderful low key and slightly melancholic take on 'Christmas'.
Yup, it's the double CD version - I'll happily give you £15 for it, but you might feel a bit cheated as there are some copies going for over £50..

The new EBTG vinyl releases are getting great reviews across many forums But
IMO If you have the Quality original pressings keep your money to spend on other music.
Trouble is there original albums were all great pressings stunning production and
outstanding SQ.
I'm looking forward to Ben's new Storm Damage solo album in the new year.
71CvxDkB7jL._AC_SX425_.jpg

advertisement

Back