advertisement

Essential Kraftwerk

I love Kraftwerk. Have a lot of their stuff, mostly on Lp purchased at the time by my step-dad or me. No love tho for Tour De France (2003)? Aero Dynamik is fab! And its a rig tester par excellence...

I really like TdF Soundtracks. Never had the vinyl, though the CD sounds great. My current copy is in the Der Katalog box (the 12x12” white one), it was IIRC the only title that escaped remastering. I previously had the standard CD but saw no need to duplicate it so moved it on.

François Kevorkian’s 1984 remix is particularly awesome!

(From my lovely-sounding ‘As featured in the film Breakdance’ twelve.)

I had a cassette recorder with one of the 'sharpest' pause buttons I've ever found - I was able to make a really good cut edit to tape of that track to extend out to 15 minutes.

Last night watched Guy Garvey's new episode of "From The Vaults"...

...this one titled "Electronica".

It was surprisingly good with Kraftwerk playing the rebooted Radioactivity at GMEX in 1992.

Strangely the camera man seemed determined to not show Florian.

I had a cassette recorder with one of the 'sharpest' pause buttons I've ever found - I was able to make a really good cut edit to tape of that track to extend out to 15 minutes.

Nice work.

I believe Ralf (piano, organ) and Florian (flute, ofc) met at a summer music school, some time after Paul Hindemith wrote Tour de France this…

(Not bad, but needs more Emulator, Synclavier, out of breath Ralf, etc…)

Nice work.

I believe Ralf (piano, organ) and Florian (flute, ofc) met at a summer music school, some time after Paul Hindemith wrote Tour de France this…

(Not bad, but needs more Emulator, Synclavier, out of breath Ralf, etc…)
Cheeky monkeys! Did Hindemith's estate take legal action. I seem to remember that Ralf and Florian were not shy about chasing up folk who had sampled their music.

Cheeky monkeys! Did Hindemith's estate take legal action. I seem to remember that Ralf and Florian were not shy about chasing up folk who had sampled their music.
Not a sample if they didn't use part of a sound recording. Maybe an interpolation. But only members of Kraftwerk are credited on the composition so if any action was ever initiated, it was unsuccessful.

Played the 2020 mixes in the car today(Qobuz) - lots of chaff, but some excellent ones in between…

Wow, just started to read this thread and guess what came up on my random playlist that I'm listening to on my streamer setup, bearing in mind there's 11,000+ tracks stored on my Nas drive.

Computer World :eek:

Spooky

I have just watched Michaels video and the two L`s on the German first pressing of the Modell/Model.
Was this only the German first pressing.

These two c.d.’s of Kraftwerk cover versions are great fun. The tunes don’t all work, but the ones that take the Kraftwerk and present it in a credible version are fantastic.

Various – Trans Slovenia Express

Label: Mute – CD STUMM 131, Mute – cdstumm131
Format:
CD, Album

and

Various – Trans Slovenia Express Vol. 2

More images
Label: Mute – CDSTUMM256, Mute – 0094631122309
Format:
CD, Compilation
Released: 25 Jul 2005
Genre: Electronic