advertisement

errrrrrrrrr

Hmm..yes, so it would seem. A bit naughty though, one isn't supposed to have more than one pseudonym.

yes, of course... killed the jackal now as I cba switching between the two

are those things really worth that sort of money ?

Some seem to think it is the pinnacle of engineering excellence - can't see it myself. You're the trader though lotus, you tell us if it is worth it.

Good pics on that Aro you are selling though - and not an unreasonable price. There was a chap just looking for one of those - I would give him a PM if you haven't already.

EMT 927's usually sell for £10,000 to £18,000 on ebay. Normally they have an arm with them. Bit cheeky of this seller to take the 997 arm off. These are worth £1500ish to £2000ish on ebay.

This 927 looks in OK but not brilliant condition. A new idler wheel for £100 would be a good idea.

I wouldn't pay £15,000 for this EMT 927.

It'd be interesting to bake off a properly working EMT 927 / 997 / TSD15 / 139st against a £14k LP12SE or a £15k SME20/12a / Koetsu.

I'd never pay over £1000 for any EMT TT they're a bit of this years 'hifi fashion' must haves ... I'd still opt for a mint Technics SP10.

Actually, although it's a 927st, it comes with a 139B phono amp - which is mono. The last two of these sold on eBay for £1400 each - that's the 139B only.

Condition doesn't look great, but it could all be restored to pristine I'm sure.

I'd never pay over £1000 for any EMT TT they're a bit of this years 'hifi fashion' must haves ... I'd still opt for a mint Technics SP10.

And what arm cart and phono amp would you put with an SP10?

And have you compared any EMT's to any SP10's?

I guess some of you don't know how eBay works - to weed out the idiots, it's common to set a threshold below which offers are automatically declined. The bid doesn't even get passed on to the seller.

For those who don't really know what this is, the 927 was a broadcast turntable from the 50s/60s and has a 16 inch platter. They are quite rare and a piece of history as well as being a pretty good performer, and they are very sought after these days.

To give you some idea of the scale, this is what one looks like next to a Rega Planar 2

IMGP1562-small.JPG

And what arm cart and phono amp would you put with an SP10?

And have you compared any EMT's to any SP10's?

No i haven't compaired them, never will do, but for £15,000 I'd rather have any deck other than a 1950's well hammered broadcasting TT. Infact I'd rather have a nice 1 year old car for the money.

advertisement

Back