advertisement

Enough is Enough

Taxes do not fund spending.

It seems to be hard enough to convince the select "off topic crew" of that possible fact.
Let alone everyman in the street.

High taxation of those that have money reminds me of the Rolling Stones leaving my locale back in the Seventies and inheritees of country piles topping themselves over demands for 99%.

It seemed more like a vindictive punishment than an actual revenue raiser.

Tell the average person in the street that taxes don't fund spending and I suspect they'll raise an eyebrow and take whatever else you have to say with a very large pinch of salt.
The average person knows "taxes don't fund spending" isn't the whole story.
To fund public spending the govenment options include creating money or taxes.

The average person knows "taxes don't fund spending" isn't the whole story.
To fund spending public spending When the govenment options include creating money or taxes.
Not really. Public spending *is* government creating money. Taxes come later and have no functional role in creating money or spending

Not really. Public spending *is* government creating money. Taxes come later and have no functional role in creating money or spending
Sometimes it's taxes. Sometimes it's taxes and money creation. Taxes come before and after money creation.

Which is of course a legitimate use of tax, especially if it’s the profits from “Fool to Cry”
The Rolling Stones were my neighbours in Sussex.
I admired their taste in abode and conribution to the local economy.

Taxing them out of the place into France was not a very positive step imo.

I'd forgotten about Barry Gardiner so it's nice to see him in good form, and supporting the EiE campaign*:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1560243448623554560

More passion and eloquence in those two minutes than Starmer has mustered in two years.

*Returning to the name debate, surely an obvious disadvantage is that some mischievous soul will stick an "iO" at the end: EiEiO...

And got his snout in the trough - from Wiki:

Gardiner is married to Caroline Smith and has employed her as an office manager and executive secretary. After the 2017 general election, employing family members was banned for new MPs, however the restriction was not retroactive.

I'd forgotten about Barry Gardiner so it's nice to see him in good form, and supporting the EiE campaign*:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1560243448623554560

More passion and eloquence in those two minutes than Starmer has mustered in two years.

*Returning to the name debate, surely an obvious disadvantage is that some mischievous soul will stick an "iO" at the end: EiEiO...
“It’s not about growth, it’s about distribution”

Spot on.

And got his snout in the trough - from Wiki:

Gardiner is married to Caroline Smith and has employed her as an office manager and executive secretary. After the 2017 general election, employing family members was banned for new MPs, however the restriction was not retroactive.
And what is your problem with the content of what Gardiner said in that clip?

advertisement

Back