advertisement

Enough is Enough

"One 25 year old says “This is the most hopeful I’ve felt since the early days of Jeremy Corbyn” and this gathering has much the same vibe..."

I'm trying to think when the early days of Corbyn were, but I'm certain it was a good deal longer than 25 years ago. Perhaps twitter has inadvertently brought us the second coming of Christ.

Corbyn, long gone and still living rent free in Tory heads. He did a real number on them, they're shit scared of him lol

Mick Lynch is so cool. Sporting a good pair of jeans (Levi’s 501s maybe) and a white albeit casual shirt and unfurls his speech from an A4 sheet in his pocket. If I wasn’t a middle-aged man I too would want to bear his children.

Bit of a shit campaign name though - it’s the kind of thing I would utter when somebody suggests we have another pint having already consumed eight in the previous four hours.

Mick Lynch is so cool. Sporting a good pair of jeans (Levi’s 501s maybe) and a white albeit casual shirt and unfurls his speech from an A4 sheet in his pocket. If I wasn’t a middle-aged man I too would want to bear his children.

Bit of a shit campaign name though - it’s the kind of thing I would utter when somebody suggests we have another pint having already consumed eight in the previous four hours.
What name do you suggest?

Starmer will be messing his kecks.
Expect edicts forbidding contact or attendance a la picket lines.

Edit
The Enough is Enough party...field candidates next election and they could do it, certainly in england. There is an unrepresented majority opposed to the ukip shite clogging the sewer of our political system at the moment.

Mick Lynch could be a Corbyn who's up to it.

Lets hope so.

What name do you suggest?

I would prefer a name which, rather than just says something (not actually stated) is bad, hints at the proposed actions in response to a particular problem. For example, the late 90s social movement Reclaim the Streets was a good name whereas Enough is Enough could be a slogan for a weight watchers cereal bar.

I would prefer a name which, rather than just says something (not actually stated) is bad, hints at the proposed actions in response to a particular problem. For example, the late 90s social movement Reclaim the Streets was a good name whereas Enough is Enough could be a slogan for a cereal bar.
It does, though.
Think about it.
As well as an expression of dissafection, applies equally to the top who are taking more than their share and always have.

Edit
...and your suggestion is?

Just thinking out loud looking at their demands...

if you cap energy prices way below wholesale prices doesn't that mean we'll see a whole load more (all?) energy providers going bust or brought into special administration? I guess that would be one way to nationalise them (but maybe not the tidiest?)

Of course public sector wages should be raised to keep up with inflation (at least) but where does that leave the 83% of workers who are employed in the private sector?

I quite like the name.

Just thinking out loud looking at their demands...

if you cap energy prices way below wholesale prices doesn't that mean we'll see a whole load more (all?) energy providers going bust or brought into special administration? I guess that would be one way to nationalise them (but maybe not the tidiest?)

Of course public sector wages should be raised to keep up with inflation (at least) but where does that leave the 83% of workers who are employed in the private sector?

I quite like the name.

Sorry about your lovelife."my lovelife is boring me to tears"

Enough is Enough - a wonderful double entendre. I'd keep it.

Discontent UK 2022 (rumination's on the economic fortunes of those most disadvantaged in a post-pandemic, post Ukraine war world)

advertisement

Back