advertisement

Enjoying the placebo effect and my imagination

Connected the second streamer that uses Ethernet and passes through the switch with a linear power supply (see above).
The placebo effect is stronger now when I know it uses the switch. Sound is brilliant. So clear and airy. I imagine the ones and zeroes like glittering fairy dust floating around in the sound stage.

I have been lurking on the Naim Forum
Can anyone here explain to me how a bit of wire can
Burn in

thanks

But it is not merely a bit of wire. It has insulation and possibly dirty connectors which settle over time?

Replaced my old 300MB router and a switch with a pricey gigabit Asus router. I'm basically swimming in placebo imagining the sound is more transparent and natural. Lovely.

Placebo is my middle name.
I am looking at getting a USB-thingamajig for one of my computer playback units of which I have three and counting. So far I have used 2 x ESI Juli@ sound cards with coax out (digital sections of the cards only), as well my old Nuforce U192s USB to Spdif-converter. Whereas the drivers for the ESI Juli@ cards have been updated to Win 10 and works great with Win 11 too, the Nuforce drivers are ancient. So I am relying on misterdog to test drive the unit.

advertisement

Back