advertisement

England batsman fail again

peter bj

pfm Member
Just watched the highlights of todays play against Pakistan , apart from Cook a very poor performance all swinging the bat like they were at a 20/20 match .
I also never liked Root batting at 3 , he is best at 4 and should stay there , no moving around because they cannot find another decent batsman . The Pakistanis did bowl well but a bit more of the boring Boycott style would have seen them off

Stop one day, one night crap and get back to proper cricket.

It'll kill the game financially but hey ho it'll go down honourably.

I agree Bob, but I don't know if it's one day that the whole problem or if it's more a 20/20 problem. It's definitely a stand there and smash it problem.

When Cook is playing well he is exactly what is needed , he is not afraid to play defensively for a long time and the bowlers loose interest without a wicket and then he will attack in a measured way .
Patience is the only way in Test cricket , wait dispatch the bad balls , you do not have to hit every delivery and can easily leave a lot . In the old days tests nearly always lasted the full 5 days and was none the worse for it

If Cook(ie) continues to drop catches he will negate any runs he scores.

Pakistan to win by an innings? I can at least hope.

Wow , what a turnaround great second test by England , everyone playing well including the new boys Bess and Curran . It is mystifying why they can be terrible one day and excellent the next , the management MUST find a way a way to keep standards up

A great team performance and fantastic to see new blood delivering. I’m just not convinced by Jennings, he makes me feel nervous every time he faces a ball in test cricket.

Yes he looks like he would jump 20 foot in the air if someone said boo behind him ! but at least he made a few runs which is better than some recent candidates for opener .

One day match on Sunday vs Scotland. Unfortunately I could not get a ticket and had to watch it on SKY. Damn, I so wish I had been there after going to most of the matches at the Grange and seeing few victories. Go Scotland.....

50 partnership for the first five wickets - first time ever in an ODI by anyone.

OK, it's not proper cricket, but...

Could this thread be re-titled "Sam Billings fails again"? I fail to see why he is in the team, and have failed to do so for a long time.

I'm not sure England would always have put away even poor opposition quite so emphatically. Can't really ask for more out of it.

advertisement

Back