advertisement

Elvis Presley 24 Karat Hits - vinyl or SACD?

ex brickie

pfm Member
Any owners here and anyone compared the sound quality of the 3 x LP vs SACD versions? It isn't at all cheap so I'd want to be sure I was getting the best sound quality version

Any owners here and anyone compared the sound quality of the 3 x LP vs SACD versions? It isn't at all cheap so I'd want to be sure I was getting the best sound quality version

I have the old DCC gold compact disc of this album which is very good but have since bought the 3 x vinyl Analogue Productions version which is absolutely marvellous, I don’t think you can beat this for sheer sound quality, I have never heard these songs sound so good, it is very expensive but I think worth every penny as I don’t think you could find any better sounding versions of these hits anywhere.

"Thick vinyl rotating at 45 RPM, two dozen certified Presley masterpieces, mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound from the original 1, 2 and 3-track masters: it doesn't get any better than this, musically or sonically." Sound Quality: 90% - Ken Kessler, Hi-Fi News,

Thanks folks. I've read plenty of rave reviews of the 3 LP vinyl and the DCC CD . Both are expensive but the CD seems particularly extortionate. Hence I wondered whether the SACD at a significantly cheaper price matched the SQ of the others.

If not, I'll be heading down the vinyl route...

"Thick vinyl rotating at 45 RPM, two dozen certified Presley masterpieces, mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound from the original 1, 2 and 3-track masters: it doesn't get any better than this, musically or sonically." Sound Quality: 90% - Ken Kessler, Hi-Fi News,

I'm sure I've seen plenty of 90% scores in HFN so you'd expect this one to be at 95% if it was truly one of the best? Have they scored any vinyl above 90%?

Sound Quality: 99% out of 100% - Ken Kessler, Hi-Fi News
"...Sonically, this just may be a permanent entry in the global audiophile community's list of 'Best-Ever Sounding LPs'.
Nat King Cole - The Nat King Cole Story
aplp1613-45_m.jpg

advertisement

Back