advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

@ABCaudio is there any further news on what trade-in deals might be available to us?

Hi Gavin,

Sure, happy to help:

If you purchased LS-25 new from ABCaudio we will buy back your cable for 75% of what you paid, that amount to be offset against any EWA cable upgrade.

Anyone who participates in the pfm trial can contact me (whether you already own EWA or not) for a discount. Should anybody fall just outside these terms, please contact me directly, and we can talk.

Just to be clear: This is not company policy, it is only for the benefit of participants in this pfm demo.

Ex-Brickie posted them on to me, and they've been in my system since fairly early this morning, initially very quietly as wife and daughter slept in, much to my annoyance.
However, since then I've been writing Christmas cards on my own with the door shut.

Initial impressions have not changed so far. The sound is bigger. There is more space to hear into tracks, picking out backing singers is easier, and there is more air for everything. Bass is powerful but tight, stereo imaging seems easier to define - so far I am struggling to think of anything that isn't positive.
The possible brightness that Ex-Brickie mentioned I've not noticed yet, but maybe that is the air and space I'm hearing. There is an edge to the vocal on The Silver Seas 'Kid' (Chateau Revenge CD) and the guitar is so easy to follow (ex-brickie used the word Textured) I never knew there were so many backing singers on Jackson Browne's 'Late for the sky'. Rain by Bicep just leaps out from the speakers and Tin Pan Alley by Stevie Ray Vaughan is just wonderful.
The Imperial by The Delines is another of my favourite tracks, and as with Charles Lloyd and the Marvels 'Ventura (with Lucinda Williams adding her unmistakable touch) show there is no loss of emotion and atmosphere by being more revealing. Both are stonking tracks for those that don't know them.
It's early days yet, but I think I'll be buying some.
I'll try swapping back to my LS-25's tomorrow for a few more favourite tracks, but expect to be placing an order.
Well, it is almost Christmas isn't it ?

And to update, the LS-25's have been back in use and while I can't find anything I don't like about them, the LS-40's are just better, as they should be 'cos they cost more !
Not a criticism, but if I had to find a negative of some sort, they are fairly big and thick cables which may not fit in with some peoples décor.
I have ordered a pair, which says more than my trying not to sound like a flowery reviewer can do.
There may be a bit of system synergy as I have both an EWA Q20 amp and LC-25 interconnects but these have to be worth any trial if you have the money, and if you don't, then talk to me, as I have some 2m lengths of LS-25 that need a new home soon....!

Steven, why don’t you take advantage of Alan’s trade in offer?
Steven.....?
My mum used to call me that when I was naughty, which was obviously only rarely. No one else ever has, so are you actually my mum in disguise...?
I may well (as in fully expect to) take up Alan's offer, but just thought I'd mention them on here in case anyone is interested, and I guess Alan will be inundated with people trading in soon..

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the thoughtfulness.

TBH having traded in stock will not be a big problem, although selling privately is a better solution for us if possible. I might actually have 5M set of 'ex demo' LS-40 very soon, a recent client is excited and upgrading to LS-80 already. And IC-25 and MCS-5.

Colin will have to justify the size of the product, but I make two observations: 1. EWA have achieved much higher performance than TQ while actually making a narrower product, and 2. The design is form following function. It's necessary to be like this or it wouldn't work the same way.

And I have. Now on their way to Bronzeage after a few but expensive days with me. My 'old LS-25's are back in use, still sounding superb, but not as good as the LS-40's.
To those further down the queue, they are worth the wait!

advertisement

Back