advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

For those who’ve tried both the LS40 and 80s, how significant is the improvement?

I’m very impressed with the sound of the LS40 and it’s a noticeable improvement over the TQ Black II I have.

I may have to order longer lengths to accommodate my new place though, so toying with the idea of upgrading to the 80 while I’m at it, but it is a BIG jump in price too.
Significant, very. Worth every penny for me.

I have the demo LS-40 set currently. They are not making me think I must upgrade, although my thoughts may change when I go back to my existing cables.

I really want to try the LS-80s as I think they could be the upgrade that changes my thoughts.

All very interesting but I see little here suggesting the speaker cables - 40 or 80 - have been compared to significantly more expensive alternatives and preferred.
Not knocking them in any way as I haven’t heard them....:)

I've had a full Anzus A2 loom here and much preferred the LS-40 + full EWA loom.
The Anzus loom was coming on to £6/7K IIRC
  • Speaker Cables: Anzus A2 'v' EWA LS40 'v' SAEC SPC-850 = EWA clear winner (not subtle)
  • USB cables: Ansuz A2 'v' EWA USB 'v' SAEC SUS-380 = EWA clear winner (not so subtle)
  • Power cables: Anzus A2 'v' EWA MCS-5 'v' Neotech NEP-4003 = EWA winner. (subtle)

@Chris Tarling @ABCaudio
I would like to opt out of the tour please. I sold my old cables to settle for a used pair of EWA LS-25 for now. I will not be able to stretch the budget for LS-40 as of now in all honesty. With this realization in mind It's not fair for me to make anyone (prospective customers) to wait needlessly to try LS-40.
I believe the next person in-line for the cable loan tool is @Bettisdad
I bought a pair of used LS-25 solely based on the great feedback it has received by all the gentlemen here.

All the very best !
Thank you @CJ14 @ABCaudio for coming up with the brilliant idea and hosting this Loaned Cable Tour.
This level of respect and transparency is unparalleled in my experience!

Last edited:
It’s ever-changing at the moment, but currently consists of; Rega P10/Apheta 3, Rega Aethos amp, RME ADI-2 DAC and Boenicke W5 speakers.

Difference between LS-40 and 80;

You have the same record player as me! My amp is an upgraded Nu-Vista and my speakers are larger PMC25.26 floorstanders, so that especially could affect the performance differences of the cables. However, I think some on here with smaller speakers have noted a very significant upgrade from 40 to 80.

On my system both cables had superb imaging side to side and front to back, with an uncanny realism.

With the 80 there is a general uplift in performance but the standouts are a massive uplift in scale of presentation and completely unrestrained and effortless dynamics. Bass has a seismic heft on another level, wonderful texture and is totally controlled.

I went for 80.

advertisement

Back