Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Discussion in 'audio' started by Cereal Killer, Nov 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. justpassing

justpassing pfm Member

I would like to be added to the list please. I promise not to pinch the cable!
    Richard

Cereal Killer likes this.
  2. Vaibhav

Vaibhav Listening music for inner peace.

Hello @ABCaudio ,
    Welcome back :).
    I am a bit lost where are the cables now ? I believe @Muttley2 has shipped/will ship ... Isn't it ?
    Then I am second in-line.. :)

WOW ! I am excited like the Gru's little Agnes in Despicable Me!!!
    Cheers,
    Vaibhav Chawla

steveinspain, CJ14 and Cereal Killer like this.
  3. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

Vaibhav you are after Chris you will need to PM your details so he can send them on when finished testing

Vaibhav and CJ14 like this.
  4. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

Looking forward to hearing you scream expletives when you get to hear them Vaibhav..!

Vaibhav likes this.
  5. magic996

magic996 Member

Sorry to hear that your wife has been ill hope she's all ok now.

6. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

My set of LS40 arrived today, very happy. Does anyone know if they have a run/burn in period. Time to sit back and enjoy

CJ14 likes this.
  7. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

Alan says burn in makes little difference. Should be excellent out of the box! Enjoy

8. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

I've just received my jumper cables to go with my LS80s... some fun for the Easter weekend....

9. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

Ok thanks for that, and yes they do sound pretty good

10. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

IMHO they do improve with time, maybe 10 days of average use

11. neilm

neilm pfm Member

oooh, very nice :)

12. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

We do our best to send finished cables out so that they won't change much in use, or at least there for not to be a drastic change. That said, it's consistently reported that sound quality improves further during use, so who are we to argue? At any rate, we allow anyone to return the cables within a month, should they not like the direction of travel.

So at some point this coming month we will prepare a set of LS-80 for demo, but be warned that postage is much more as the box is large and heavy. 3M is perhaps best?

We will also have a mains cable and a USB interconnect, and we will build whatever analogue interconnect seems appropriate.

13. Bettisdad

Bettisdad Active Member

I’d be up for trying the ls80 cables once I’ve heard the 40s. I’ve been pondering whether to postpone my demo of the 40s as I’ll have my new Tt in a week or so which is a huge upgrade so would be good to get a handle on its sound in my room before the cables arrive. What are your thoughts?

14. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

please don’t tell @Cereal Killer about the demo LS80s. I TOLD him his super amp deserved the 80s and he ignored me :D

I love mine...... :)

Cereal Killer likes this.
  15. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Not gonna change the balance i have right now for anything ..... every aspect of what i hear is perfect.
    What I can highly highly highly recommend is a FULL EWA Loom :D

ex brickie likes this.
  16. Chris Tarling

Chris Tarling Yellow Hound

I currently have the demo LS-40 and will post these onto the next person on the list after the weekend.

I do need to make a final assessment - my thoughts currently are that there is a clear SQ improvement from the Witchhat Phantoms I currently run but it's not in the 'OMG' nature of what others have reported. Maybe I lack the 'golden' ears of others.

I am very keen to hear the LS-80s though as I believe these might well give me the sound quality I crave.

Please do put me on the LS-80 demo list!

ABCaudio likes this.
  17. Muttley2

Muttley2 pfm Member

It may depend on how good your current cables are to start with. For me my speaker cables were obviously way below the performance of LS 40. The witchhats are probably a better start point.
    I am quite interested in trying the M50 power amp now

18. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

Or you could try the q20 amp as an easy and affordable introduction to EWA power amps - I'll be selling mine soon.....

19. Luceo non uro

Luceo non uro Well-Known Member

For those who’ve tried both the LS40 and 80s, how significant is the improvement?

I’m very impressed with the sound of the LS40 and it’s a noticeable improvement over the TQ Black II I have.

I may have to order longer lengths to accommodate my new place though, so toying with the idea of upgrading to the 80 while I’m at it, but it is a BIG jump in price too.

ABCaudio and CJ14 like this.
  20. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

What’s the system consist of?