advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Are you lot getting paid by the word count?

Chaps, why not let the individual forum members decide what they think/ hear for themselves?

Chaps, why not let the individual forum members decide what they think/ hear for themselves?

What are you on about?.... all the forum member who've recently commented are owners or have been on the demo tour list and have indeed tried them in their systems.

Last edited:

Eh? Without the comments from "individual forum members" who had already "tried the cables for themselves", I never would have even heard of EWA cables, let alone signed up for the tour to "try the cables for myself".

I think, without exception, we are all people who have recently auditioned EWA cables and in all, or at least most, cases have decided to spend our own money to keep them, as they have enhanced our listening pleasure at an affordable cost. I first tried and purchased EWA 3 years ago and recently auditioned and purchased upgraded interconnect and speaker cable, hence I feel I have something useful to say.

We are just feeding back to the company and other souls on PFM, who are enquiring about the cables, in order to help. If there was negative feedback it too would be here, as we all have confidence to express our views politely. In fact I fed back that LS-40 wasn’t perfect in MY system, but a shift to LS-80 blew me away.

I think I speak for most here in that we think many music lovers would be missing a trick not to give these cables a try with no commitment to keep them and it was forum talk on here a few years back that made me curious enough to try. We want to help you get more pleasure from your music systems and if that helps EWA to some well-deserved success, then all the better. Let’s be honest, the cable sector could do with a seismic shake up.

I hope that assures you there is nothing underhand happening here.

Not really sure where you are coming from. Each person in turn on the trial tour has posted a review/opinion and they all appear to ne genuine accounts of the cable and what they heard during the week or so they had them.

I posted my opinion #280 and wrote what I believe to be a fair and honest opinion, no bias to rose tint things. I concluded there were differences, not large and not enough to make me purchase them as I had Chord Odyssey already and with the Luxman it was nip and tuck. Compared to my Van Damme 6mm the LS-40 was preferred.

This is a free tour you just pay onward postage, so if you are interested in these EWA cables why not join the queue and assess/write up an opinion yourself?

Edit >> I see DanK is getting them next...still can't fathom the tone of the post though

What is this thread if not a place where individual forum members decide what they think/hear for themselves? On the basis of actually trying the cables out themselves, in their own systems, on their own, and deciding what they think and hear! You are under no obligation to read any of it, or believe any of it.

@Dan K - you are trying them out and we are interested in your views. However, YOU started a conversation that seemed to imply that @Cereal Killer must be in the pocket of EWA. As you have found from @CliffB , @Heckyman and @steveinspain there are a few of us here who either knew nothing about EWA (they are not exactly a well known brand nor do they plaster themselves across the web) or had their cables already at the cheaper end of the range (I had LS-25s)

We've all participated in the trials and decided to buy. Some tried them and didn't. In fact if you read back, the LS40s didn't float my boat and I was honest in my review . However the LS80s were a great improvement in my system. You might like the LS40s: you might not. I don't think it helps when contributors here make quite mean insinuations about users when all they've done is post some comments. You might find that some of us have used quite a lot of words precisely to HELP others. Given there are so few reviews on the web, we are all keen to share some detail to help others.

Let's have your views, preferably with some detail too. Whether you like them or not, hopefully you'll thank @ABCaudio for trusting us all with their cables and letting them tour the country

Finally, if you can't notice a difference with the LS40s (I'm not necessarily saying improvement) let us know what cables you have. Or we can ask @ABCaudio to send some ear wax remover.... :D

Chaps, I'm not trying to imply anything. Try the product, write your review, maybe follow up once to say that you bought it and then leave it at that. Once you've purchased the product then you are personally/ emotionally/ financially invested and your further posts are at best just noise.

The LS-40's do a lot of good things, with regard to producing a lower and more detalied/ timbral bass with an enhancement in the naturalness/ 3D-ness of the soundstage.

I found the midrange to be just slightly lacking in comparison to my current cables and I think the LS-80 might be a worthwhile trial to see/ hear what more this design has to offer.

In summary I would say this:
At the price point for a new/ off the shelf cable I don't know of anything else that comes close.

Good luck and Good health to you Colin

A friend of mine with a hi end system tried that and liked it. He now has LS80s. Just saying . .
The Duelund is a modern copy/ interpretation of the original design. The original is high(ish) purity tinned copper with a neoprene dielectric/ waxed cotton jacket. I think the Duelund version does away with the neoprene. They are entirely made from natural materials - if you believe that's relevant. They sound very beautiful and 3D, the music just flows. They are also just tiny bits of wire.

As you say, I may need to hear the LS-80

advertisement

Back