Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

Discussion in 'audio' started by Cereal Killer, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

Yep, still interested, I can work with any length @ABCaudio

2. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Yes please!!

3. eisenach

eisenach #JeSuisProf

Can anyone sign up to try ? I've got some LS25, the last bit of cable that Mark Grant had in stock.

ABCaudio likes this.
  4. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

Absloopsly! Happy to oblige. I do have a three meter length already made up, as described in my earlier post.

Let's give a little thought to how this is administered, and get started next week?

Cereal Killer likes this.
  5. jimbot2.0

jimbot2.0 pfm Member

Ah, can i join in whenyou have a space? 4m better for me but 3m doable

6. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

I’d be interested in trying them Alan. I can make 3m work and banana plugs ideal for me. I can do a straight A/B demo vs LS-25 currently in my system

Do the cables need any running in? Maybe @Cereal Killer will burn them in a bit!

7. BlueYeti

BlueYeti pfm Member

If this is open to non LS25 owners (Witchhat N2 in my case), I'd be enthusiastic about trying a pair, but would need slightly longer at 4.5m.

8. Bronzeage

Bronzeage pfm Member

I am still up for the trial, 3m with z plugs suits me fine.

9. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Happy to get the ball rolling on the demo !!

10. ABCaudio

ABCaudio Trade: ABCaudio, representing EWA

Anyone can join if they are a posting Fishie, glad to have you on board, @BlueYeti ! I will add you (and any others) to the end of the list, in roughly the order it appears up-thread.

Initial ramblings:

If we say everyone has them for a week or so, and pays the postage to the next Fishie using royal mail special delivery (it has postage insurance and tracking as standard). Is a week long enough, or not?

It would be nice if everyone that tries them can add their observations to a thread, and perhaps a photo would be nice.. certainly a public post when the cables move on, staying who they are going to, and a corresponding post when the cables are received. Then we all can keep track of where they are.

We will start our with a 3M set, as that's what I have. Those who need a longer a set, I will make something up for you to use at a later time.

11. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

Sounds good to me Alan. Thanks for offering this!

12. effinity

effinity pfm Member

I'm in no rush Alan but would like to be on the list for LS-40 trial, 3m fine. (I can compare against my memories of LS-25 which are positive)
    Thanks, Steve

13. neilm

neilm pfm Member

Can I request to be added to the list please?

currently using some form of tellurium black cables so would be interesting to be able to compare and potentially upgrade

thanks

neil

14. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

All good with me Alan.

Is @Cereal Killer happy to still go first then on to me? I would need them over a weekend - no time to try them properly during the week. But I'd keep them no longer than a week and would be happy to send them on RMSD

Let me know when the first stage of the trip begins!

15. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

16. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Can l go on the list please?:)

17. Naim that tune

Naim that tune pfm Member

I would love to join the trial if possible? Need 4 metres though, so happy to wait and be one of the last guinea pigs!

18. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

@Cereal Killer - do you currently own the 25s so you can run a direct comparison? Or another brand of speaker cable?

19. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Other brand (SAEC SPC-Triple C)

20. radamel

radamel Music Fiend