advertisement

Edge - Microsoft malware.

I already have it on dual boot Brian, its very good. I just need Windows for some old MS Office stuff. I suppose I should just convert it all and ditch Windows, which I promised myself I'd do when they ditched XP.

I've been using desk top computers since the days of CPM and MS DOS and I'm amazes that Win 10 is the best MS can come up with after all those years, at least for home use. Talk about cluttered.
I have found that LibreOffice handles stuff fom MS Office O.K.. Some of the syntax in Calc (=Excel) has changed possibly due to copyright issues but thats no big issue.

LibreOffice is available for both Windows and Linux so its easy to try and compare it to MS Office.

Another approach that I also use is to run Windows in a VM in Linux and install Office in that. I actually have an activated MS Office Professional Plus 2019 running in a Win 10 Pro VM but I still prefer an older version such as 2007.

Cheers,

DV

PS Don't forget there was DOS before MS DOS! I used to have an NCR machine that could boot either CPM or DOS by flicking a front panel switch.

I already have it on dual boot Brian, its very good. I just need Windows for some old MS Office stuff. I suppose I should just convert it all and ditch Windows, which I promised myself I'd do when they ditched XP.

I've been using desk top computers since the days of CPM and MS DOS and I'm amazes that Win 10 is the best MS can come up with after all those years, at least for home use. Talk about cluttered.
I use Windows now for not much more than mp3tag.

advertisement

Back