1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Edge - Microsoft malware.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by MikeMA, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader From the Dark Side

I have found that LibreOffice handles stuff fom MS Office O.K.. Some of the syntax in Calc (=Excel) has changed possibly due to copyright issues but thats no big issue.

LibreOffice is available for both Windows and Linux so its easy to try and compare it to MS Office.

Another approach that I also use is to run Windows in a VM in Linux and install Office in that. I actually have an activated MS Office Professional Plus 2019 running in a Win 10 Pro VM but I still prefer an older version such as 2007.

Cheers,

DV

PS Don't forget there was DOS before MS DOS! I used to have an NCR machine that could boot either CPM or DOS by flicking a front panel switch.

2. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

I use Windows now for not much more than mp3tag.

3. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Yeah, me too.

I just think of U2 whenever I see it try to open....With or Without You!

wow&flutter likes this.
  4. imarks

imarks Ian Marks

Puddletag, works well as a mp3tag equivalent under Linux, similar look and feel.

Brian likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

I’ll give it a go. Thanks.