advertisement

Ebay sellers

dweezil

pfm Member
Do they have to be idiots?

Just received a tuner with a delicate front and sticky out knob. both damaged because seller couldn't find 30 seconds to pack reasonably carefully.

So this poor old tuner has lived for nearly 20 years and it's penultimate journey was nearly terminal.

Will obviously appeal but what a waste of time, the seller has plenty of other stuff and i reminded him to pack carefully, also the usual 100% pos feedback.

Any chance a negative feedback will get posted? Probably not.

Luckily it still just about works but Vince won't see much cash for this effort.

Exasperating to believe he could post the thing packed so badly.

I know! Even if they sound lovely in a text message, experience has taught me that its difficult to trust anyone to pack things properly.

I got fed up of making a complete fool of myself by having to mention packaging. I used to say forgive me for mentioning it but I would like....................

It makes a buyer come over like a right OCD prick but you have to try it for peace of mind. I found the only way was to go over how I would like it packed and phone them if necessary.

However this is sometimes met with "dont worry Im an expert packer".Then the item turns up in a bin bag!

Fight it. dont be too polite and be prepared to post negative feedback. They deserve it for being too damn lazy to take the extra care!

i buy and sell over there, sent a vintage 15kg receiver and it arrived with the corners of the box crushed, however the unit was fine as i tend to double box and fill out spaces with bubblewrap and folded card.

proper packing is not an art, just common sense and some sellers just don't get the fact that the parcel will likely be handled roughly or worse.

i once received a pair of sony speakers in a flimsy box. no packing or anything. needless to say the speakers were trashed

Just to round off the seller has accepted my offer and a refund is in.

But i'd still prefer to have paid the extra and have an undamaged item.

Hopefully part of the rant in my reply will have sunk in.

Ebay is a buyers paradise these days because of their promise that if you don't get things as described you can have a refund. I have been a beneficiary and a loser to this policy. Its best to take it on the chin. I have been left with a mental fixation on strong boxes and bubble wrap though...I find myself looking longingly at a strong box and thinking what I can pack in it...I need to get out more I think.

My ebay account is still suspended after a buyer claimed a Roksan Tabriz was fake, Roksan confirmed it was genuine and the buyer retracted the case but ebay still won't re-activate my account. The whole thing was a bloody nightmare.

Have given up with ebay now.

I have to admit I wouldn't dream of selling a high value item on ebay, and would only buy such a thing if it was a known seller or maybe a shop.
Only things I'll sell there now are CDs, DVDs and occasionally books.

Mick

I used to sell loads of IT kit on Ebay. But not now, just too scary. I quit around 2010 as I could see the storm clouds approaching.

Trouble is I now have a flat swamped with juicy IT goodies that I cant get rid of. Stuff now goes out in the trash.

advertisement

Back