advertisement

eBay: "One or more sellers can't accept payment right now"

Nick_G

pfm Member
Hi all.

Has anyone here ever seen this error message when attempting to pay for an item on eBay before?:

pvcg4q8jhx85.png

I've never seen this come up before. The seller has also sent an invoice but I get the same error when I click the 'checkout' button.

Any ideas?

I had something similar earlier in the year caused by something wonky on the sellers account - they had to call Ebay to resolve.

Sorry to be a bit vague.

No, not on holiday. I also double-checked to see if it was because they didn't offer Paypal, but it wasn't that. It does look like a problem at their end. I've sent them a screenshot of the error message too.

Thanks.

Usually that message means that the seller is on holiday, but it could also be due to recent uncertainty about how Brexit was going to affect sales to the UK. A lot of small businesses (on eBay or not) were advised to suspend sales into the UK until the situation was clarified so as to avoid being landed with the costs of customs clearance and returns of rejected consignments if the buyer didn't want to pay duties.

Now that it's clear that there will not be duties, things should settle back down (although deliveries will take a little longer)

I've had that recently, tried to buy my wife a pair of hiking boots from a 'shop' in Denmark or Norway but couldn't make the sale, the boots are still for sale though think they only had two pairs of her size.

Usually that message means that the seller is on holiday, but it could also be due to recent uncertainty about how Brexit was going to affect sales to the UK. A lot of small businesses (on eBay or not) were advised to suspend sales into the UK until the situation was clarified so as to avoid being landed with the costs of customs clearance and returns of rejected consignments if the buyer didn't want to pay duties.

Now that it's clear that there will not be duties, things should settle back down (although deliveries will take a little longer)

I don't think that's the issue here. It's a (cheap) mineral specimen and the dealer is based in Pakistan. Brexit shouldn't come into it.

advertisement

Back