advertisement

Dyson

Brexit will not be 'owned' by any party or any politician. It will be owned by the millions of people that will suffer, in one way or another, from it. It will go down in history as the best example of country self-harm since those early Brexiteers Adam and Eve ate the apple.

No employees in the UK are losing their jobs, and a load more new jobs are being created when they build their electric car factory. Let's not let tedious things like facts get in the way of having a go eh?

That’s right, a load more jobs are going to be created- in Singapore.
BBC-
“Dyson, the UK-based company best known for its vacuum cleaners, has chosen to build its new electric car in Singapore.
The company will break ground on its new factory in Singapore later this year with the first car scheduled to roll off the production line in 2021”.

Brexit will not be 'owned' by any party or any politician. It will be owned by the millions of people that will suffer, in one way or another, from it. It will go down in history as the best example of country self-harm since those early Brexiteers Adam and Eve ate the apple.
The fault lies entirely with God. He failed to explain the benefits of remaining in The Garden of Eden.

We inherited a Tellus Vacuum cleaner from my Aunt, she had it just after the war - Danish - it still works although we have never actually used it.

I've spent the last half-hour reading about this, and stand by my senseless analogy, e.g., whores are as whores do, what's the surprise?

Between a skilled labor shortage of technology workers in the UK, and what most are betting is the Singapore government's deal he can't refuse incentives, coupled with being geographically closer to the target market, this particular money [whore] simply isn't into you anymore. At least not as far as electric cars go.

....Between a skilled labor shortage of technology workers in the UK, and what most are betting is the Singapore government's deal he can't refuse incentives, coupled with being geographically closer to the target market, this particular money [whore] simply isn't into you anymore. At least not as far as electric cars go.
His jumping, after taking large amounts of UK tax payers money over the years, is normal behaviour.
BUT, as he must have been working out this deal for a couple of years, he could have avoided promoting the Brexit agenda so hard.
By the way, Singapore also has a skilled labour shortage.

His jumping, after taking large amounts of UK tax payers money over the years, is normal behaviour.
BUT, as he must have been working out this deal for a couple of years, he could have avoided promoting the Brexit agenda so hard.
By the way, Singapore also has a skilled labour shortage.

Singapore has access to Asian markets, and those markets are flush with auto manufacturing engineering skill at industrial levels.

I'm just not surprised with corporations doing $hit like this. In the US, corps. have waved the flag while offshoring or packing it up for decades. Hell, they'll move entire productions and still hint at 'Made in the USA'. In fact, most of my audio system is British, and with the exception of the amplifier (LFD), all of it sports your flag but is 'designed' in the UK and manufactured somewhere else. I'm thinking Russell K., Cambridge, Exposure (some of their line), Nad ... the list goes on. He may well feel positive about Brexit but somehow compartmentalizes his business needs as separate.

His jumping, after taking large amounts of UK tax payers money over the years............

Perhaps so, but according to the BBC report Tuesday, Dyson paid £95 million to the exchequer in 2017. See here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46962093
Perhaps we are confusing Dyson the person with Dyson the company but I'd suggest that, even collectively, every member of Pink Fish hasn't paid £95 million to the Exchequer ever, let alone in one year. Still, I suppose you are entitled to your view.

Quick Edit - there are more PFM members than I thought and thus its only about £3K a year each to get to £95 million - but my point remains.

These bloody entrepreneurs forming companies to make things people will buy and thus employing people and creating wealth, bastards the lot of them.

And for what its worth, personally, I think his vacuum cleaners are excellent and I don't give a toss about his politics.

Regards,

Rob.

Perhaps so, but according to the BBC report Tuesday, Dyson paid £95 million to the exchequer in 2017. See here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46962093

Perhaps we are confusing Dyson the person with Dyson the company but I'd suggest that, even collectively, every member of Pink Fish hasn't paid £95 million to the Exchequer ever, let alone in one year. Still, I suppose you are entitled to your view.

I'm used to seeing this argument in the US when corporatists rush to the defense. So, In the interest of fairness, Dyson also reported $1 Billion in profits for 2018. A little math, and keeping it to profit, or net disposable income in the case of active PFM members, and Dyson the company doesn't seem quite so altruistic.

In the interest of fairness, Dyson also reported $1 Billion in profits for 2018.............Dyson the company doesn't seem quite so altruistic.

Company makes a profit ! Who'd have thought!

I didn't say they were altruistic, I was commenting on the quote by David where he wrote "His jumping, after taking large amounts of UK tax payers money over the years....." I pointed out Dyson paid £95 million in 2017, which doesn't quite square with taking large amount of taxpayers money. Well not in my opinion anyhow.

Dyson, as far as I'm aware, are not a charity and like any successful company they are profitable. Why else would they exist if not to make a profit?

How many Brexit apologists are there until one answers an issue straight ?
Hint: it ain't about the quality of his vacuum cleaners, or that he paid tax in previous years.

Company makes a profit ! Who'd have thought!

I didn't say they were altruistic, I was commenting on the quote by David where he wrote "His jumping, after taking large amounts of UK tax payers money over the years....." I pointed out Dyson paid £95 million in 2017, which doesn't quite square with taking large amount of taxpayers money. Well not in my opinion anyhow.

Dyson, as far as I'm aware, are not a charity and like any successful company they are profitable. Why else would they exist if not to make a profit?

The connotation, or indirect implication, of your argument is that the hoi polloi haven't a right to complain for the sheer amount of tax paid by a corporation vs. their own meager contribution by comparison. And so then out trots the big corporate figure, usually ignoring the crux of it, and that is the low percentage of tax in relation to profit income (after expenses) compared with the single rube or group of plebs. It's the perpetuation of the fantasy that we exist only due to corporate tax largesse when the opposite is true once the numbers are presented accurately.

The profit/existence argument is the reddest of herring.

Are they FINnish ?

4dcf58e960583a63fc77463c303dd2737a365aec8d8966fcd26450715b1d1d48.jpg

Apparently its ok for Dyson to relocate to Singapore 'because they are a global business', Globalism, which results in manufacturing jobs going east, being replaced by Mcjobs, and an over reliance on the financial sector, the left behind have every reason to upset the status quo and vote out of the EU. WIthout knowing too much about about Dyson, I'd say his anti EU stance had more to do with German market dominance than any pure idealogical reason. Businesses have been going East for decades, they are not patriots, but then neither am I. This all boils down to global capital/labour divisions.

advertisement

Back