advertisement

Dyson

I've had very good experiences with their products, and with their customer support. I don't like his politics, and his ego is large as a mountain. I'd be interested to see how he explains this decision.

us too. We have two of the pull along cylinder vacuums one of which is battered and old- used only now for DIY, brick dust etc, never missed a beat. The old one was only replaced as the Mrs wanted something shiny and new.

We also have a cordless hand held vacuum, which has proven very reliable. This is our second cordless one. The first lasted about 5 years, and was broken beyond economic repair.

We like their products and they have proven reliable and robust. I don't care what his politics are but I think he is a knob for shouting them from the mountain tops

Acorn-Bbc-Micro-Tape-Software-Jcb-Digger.jpg

According to the radio programme I heard yesterday, 'Fish and Chips' was invented by italian immigrants and Albert is ... / was ... er ... :confused:

Albert is the queen's great, great grandfather and that's what makes him as British as afternoon tea and scones. Fish and chips is the national dish initially served up by Italians, although it might now be Chicken Tikka Masala served by Indians. Incidentally, there is not even one fish and chip shop in Italy.

I'm now seeing adverts for something called a "dyson cyclone v10" in the header and footer to this page.:eek:

I'm getting nowhere ... let’s go at it this way. You’re in a pub enjoying that pint and in walks a hottie who obviously knows how to showcase her best attributes. She’s soon tipsy and flirts with one guy then another. Shoots you a few looks and finally makes her way over. One thing to another, a month later she’s moved in. Soon after, you find out she’s screwing a blingy up and comer in that new building down the road. Big fight, she takes all the stuff you bought her and moves in with Hugo.

There are two primary approaches here. You can rationalize this nightmare and say it was fun while it lasted but I really shouldn’t pick them up off the floor and move them in. Lesson learned, banked for future reference.

Or, you can go back to the bar and spend your time pissing and moaning about what a tramp she turned out to be, and then in walks this hottie who obviously knows how to showcase ….

Dyson obviously knew how, and that’s why your government took money from your pocket and moved them in to start. She’s Dyson, Hugo is Singapore and you’re here whinging. Before you know it this bar becomes a hot spot for siren song.

None of this makes any sense.

HE has not left Britain. He has moved his Finance Director and department to Singapore. Not such a big deal. Britain is a small part of his sales operation - it is a very large international company. The Corporation Tax rate in Singapore is little different to the UK - so he has not domiciled the company in some dodgy Caribbean island.

Meanwhile a large Engineering and R & D dept remain in Wiltshire. Still in Britain too is his electric car project - a lot of investment going into that.

As far as I know he still lives in Britain and is buying a lot of farmland, investing in new farming technology.

And I like his products - we have three - mains vacuum, battery vacuum and hair dryer, all solidly reliable. A previous DC04 lasted some 15 years with one mains cord replaced. At work the Dyson hand dryer is quieter and more reliable than the old unit.

Exactly this. Two employees are moving to Singapore to be at the heart of their biggest market in Asia. Seems a sound commercial decision to me. No employees in the UK are losing their jobs, and a load more new jobs are being created when they build their electric car factory. Let's not let tedious things like facts get in the way of having a go eh?

And as for Dyson products... I have had a DC04 vacuum cleaner since 1999 (I make that twenty years) and it works fine, and always has. I've had to replace the hose at 15 years old because the original split (not unreasonable IMHO), and all the parts are readily available from Dyson should they be needed. The reason most Dyson vacuums die is lack of maintenance - usually the filters don;t get replaced, they get clogged and the motor overheats because the airflow is blocked. Easy enough fix which most people don't do. To say the products are crap is demonstrably untrue.

Lastly, he is right about Brexit. The EU has always been a terrible idea.

Our DC04 only lasted about 5 years though did chew it's way through quite a lot of heavy duty diy junk in that time, but we got through a hose a year in the process (they just kept splitting) plus several filters (which was fair enough in the circumstances). We currently have a cordless V6 Animal that after 2 years use now doesn't hold the charge so well and generally dies in <1 min on Max, and is a bit creaky and wobbly where the hose and attachments....attach, but is still a handy thing and sucks up the dog hairs pretty well. Not sure I'll buy another, it's very noisy (as was the '04). I always thought their heaters were a bit 'I saw you coming'.

Anyway, the whole thing seems like another embarrassing own goal for the Brexit club members.

We have a poncy Miele oover at the moment and it is good, however for a few years we had Henrys and l am going back when then Miele goes, for ease of use more than anything.

Exactly this. Two employees are moving to Singapore to be at the heart of their biggest market in Asia. Seems a sound commercial decision to me. No employees in the UK are losing their jobs, and a load more new jobs are being created when they build their electric car factory. Let's not let tedious things like facts get in the way of having a go eh?

And as for Dyson products... I have had a DC04 vacuum cleaner since 1999 (I make that twenty years) and it works fine, and always has. I've had to replace the hose at 15 years old because the original split (not unreasonable IMHO), and all the parts are readily available from Dyson should they be needed. The reason most Dyson vacuums die is lack of maintenance - usually the filters don;t get replaced, they get clogged and the motor overheats because the airflow is blocked. Easy enough fix which most people don't do. To say the products are crap is demonstrably untrue.

If what you say about his 'move' is correct, then I's suggest he needs to sack his Press Liaison team, as they clearly aren't getting the true facts 'out there'.

We have a DC04. It's currently awaiting disposal. The mains switch failed within days. Yes, they fixed it FOC but it took some days. The bracket on the rear for the 'crevice' tool broke. The machines are extremely heavy and noisy.The compination of a long rigid pipe with the flexi hose is 'handy', but also encourages splitting of the hose. Removing the long pipe first is best, but also a PITA. Belt change/replacement is not easy. etc.. etc..

Lastly, he is right about Brexit. The EU has always been a terrible idea.

The EU may or may not be a terrible idea.. but the manner of our leaving is a total and utter shambles, which needs to be entirely owned by the party and leaders responsible. Only now that their literally half baked plans are revealing their stupidity and incompetence in all its glory, are they belatedly trying to create some sort of consensus in the nation which they have divided.

advertisement

Back