advertisement

Dynavector L300 Pre Amp

Avonessence

Hiking Consistency Rapporteur
Are there any owners out there using a non-Dynavector power amp, and if yes which one and what are your speakers and source?

hi james, hope you're well

it probably won't help you but I used mine briefly with a chrome NAP250 and obelisk1

may I ask what plan are you hatching ? :confused:

Hi Rich, doing great and yourself?

What were your impressions with the chrome NAP250?

No plan being hatched, just a straight question to see who is/has used a different power amp and get their feedback on the combination.

Cheers

James

Well the over-riding impression was that it couldn't drive the obelisks properly and it was pretty flabby with a diffuse and warm upper bass bloom. I'm talking about an obelisk/250 mismatch here in the main though so it probably doesn't help you a great deal. I think Callahan was using a meridian with his L300 so hopefully he'll be along soon.

Well the over-riding impression was that it couldn't drive the obelisks properly and it was pretty flabby with a diffuse and warm upper bass bloom. I'm talking about an obelisk/250 mismatch here in the main though so it probably doesn't help you a great deal. I think Callahan was using a meridian with his L300 so hopefully he'll be along soon.

Yes, I still am. The best combination is the HX1.2 / L300, but it also works very well with the Meridian G55. I don't know of any partnering difficulties with the Dynavector, it's just a case of getting the right cables made up.

I have used it with a Meridian 557 (using Shahinian Arcs and Super elves along with a Rega Isis) and it works very well especially using the balanced connections (thereby going fully balanced from the Isis to the 557).
L
PS My 557 is up for sale as I now have a Hx1.2 Mkii

Not recently, I think he is waiting for Dave to get the HX100 back in again to do the comparison.

Hi Neil, Callahan, Lambros,

Thanks for the feedback.

Lambros, where did you get hold of a HX1.2 MKII by the way?

Anyone running the L300 with Densen power amps?

BR

James

Hi,

I have heard a L300 with Densen B350s sounded very good, from what I remember.
I hav a mate who has L300 HX75 and Compases that is very good as well.

Pete

I am running WTA - L300 - Avondale S100 - Obelisks.

Works pretty good, but I am sure there is more to get out of those speakers.
So I am as many others here looking for a mint HX1.2 MK2, with box and a seller willing to ship to Sweden....i guess that wont happen within the next couple of years...

I have heard a L300 with Densen B350s sounded very good, from what I remember.
That's interesting to note. If there is a piece of kit I wouldn't mind trying, it is the L300, but only because I can get the much vaunted P300 to go with it.

Has Dynavector improved the somewhat agricultural look of its amps yet?

James

NO - not at all. The Densen kit is 110% in a different league when it come to looks. Densen is probably my favorite brand for style infact.

I am running WTA - L300 - Avondale S100 - Obelisks.

Works pretty good, but I am sure there is more to get out of those speakers.
So I am as many others here looking for a mint HX1.2 MK2, with box and a seller willing to ship to Sweden....i guess that wont happen within the next couple of years...

The minute the HX100 is available you will be bound to find a couple for sale.

regards
Jason

Has Dynavector improved the somewhat agricultural look of its amps yet?

James

Like Chrome bumper and olive Naim - it is part of the charm.

re. the OP question - Densen power amps work really well off of an L300.

regards
Jason

Hi jason, i thought though that the HX100 was a replacement for the 75 and not the HX1.2 ?

Or is it so good that it jumps up one category ?

I have a bit of trouble with the what it replaces discussion - the cost will be HX1.2 level - that makes it a replacement for me! Reports are that the sounds is up there to match as well.

regards
Jason

Like Chrome bumper and olive Naim - it is part of the charm.
Quite. But if the HX100 is anything to go by, might there be a cosmetic upgrade? I see that NONE of the Dynavector amplifiers are listed on the official Dynavector (Australasian) site any more.

James

Quite. But if the HX100 is anything to go by, might there be a cosmetic upgrade? I see that NONE of the Dynavector amplifiers are listed on the official Dynavector (Australasian) site any more.
James

The cosmetic upgrade will appear in about 6 months according to DV ** - so, on past performance, I will expect to be able to buy the pretty L300 in 2016 ;->

I think this is the official website:
http://www.dynavector.com.au/index-a.html

cheers
Jason

** I made this up btw

advertisement

Back