advertisement

DWP offers to the disabled

It's disgusting. I cannot believe this is happening. It's akin to those shoddy telephone scammers.

I am relieved that I, for one, did not vote for these scumbags to form a government.

I had a similar experience. Citizens Advice were unbelievable and I owe them more than words can tell. I was told before applying that 96% of all PIP requests are rejected. Something like 85% of those are approved upon appeal.

My recommendation would be to insist on being accompanied for any DWP communication or interview, ideally arrange it to be through the CA, if that is not possible have any form of interview in person.

I agree, but it does make you wonder about the mentality of the people who voted them in?

We have to take colective responsibility. I didn't vote for them (I never would), but it's our fault and it's only us that can do something about it.

And these latest DWP revelations pre date the election by a long way.
Imagine what they’ll do now they cannot be stopped.

The more worrying indicator of their departmental culture is that they lose 70% of the appeal tribunals taken against them. How many other members of the public will take their decision at face value and accept it? The purpose of government is not to cut costs by scamming its citizens out of what they are legally entitled to. Unless of course it’s Tory government.

I was lucky. I got it sorted via a "reassessment" which the CAB completed for me. An appeal takes for ever. To give you an idea of the time scales, I had forgotten, but after the reassessment they made a back payment of over £3K. then multiply that by typically twice to get an idea of the time involved for vulnerable people - at an average of £100 a week, that's just over a year of anguish. Caring society.

advertisement

Back