Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Dust cover for a Technics SL 1510, first series, help needed. Thanks.

Discussion in 'classic' started by Harold Nøde, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Harold Nøde

Harold Nøde Member

Hello.

I have bought this TT at a very good price but it has no dust cover; people who sell them seem to take covers and hinges off to sell them as parts - or the dust covers are too scratched.

There are a number of replacements available on eBay, but I haven't yet understood which hinges are the right ones for an early 1510; pictures on the web don't help much.

Can anyone enlighten me please? Very thankful for any clarification.

H.

2. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

The hinges are Technics part no. SFAT150-01A Hinge Assembly* and are preassembled with a hinge plate that screws onto the back of the plinth. With the Mk2 versions of these decks came a revision to the hinge design that involved replacing the 2 x large head screws with a metal plate that bridged 2 x studs onto which slots in the dust covers locate. These revised hinges had the same part no. as previous and fit either generation of deck.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

* SL-1100a, SL-1200, SL-1300, SL-1350, SL-1400, SL-1500, (as well any SL-xx10 black versions of same)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  3. Harold Nøde

Harold Nøde Member

Thanks very much, absolutely perfect.
    Regards,
    H.