advertisement

Duckenfield gets off.

ff1d1l

pfm Member
Astonished by this, less so when I hear families saying trial was suspicious - prosecution never raised objections, and was half hearted in its efforts...

96 people unlawfully killed...

hillsborough-victims.jpg

...30 years later and still no closure or justice for their families and friends. Deplorable but not surprising really...

Good article....would it have hurt the BBC to have read it, and reported the grounds for disquiet?

Police cover-up from day one. Some things never change.

That his defence lawyers are able to go back and challenge settled issues and he is able to contradict admissions made in previous trials seems perverse to say the least.

Police cover-up from day one. Some things never change.

That his defence lawyers are able to go back and challenge settled issues and he is able to contradict admissions made in previous trials seems perverse to say the least.
If that's the case then the verdict is a travesty.

We need to read the judgment as to why he was found not guilty.
Judges don’t reach decisions like this lightly.
There is guilt but it can’t be laid at the feet of one person I suspect.
Perhaps the police force itself should be put on trial.

People died, relatives and survivors need an answer.

Having been at the game and lost a close friend that day, I'm just speechless and so disappointed for the families affected. YNWA

Just been watching the ITV news and Duckenfield admitted that his incompetence lead to the deaths.

My mother-in-law lost her father and grandfather in the Burnden Park disaster in 1946. It’s not really appropriate to say too much about it on this thread but a search will reveal most of the details. The loss was cruel on an 8 year old girl and she carried the burden of the loss for the rest of her life. There are the families of the 96 who are suffering in a similar way. However, these are supposed to be more enlightened times. I hope that they never give up their quest for justice and hope that they are able to get some form of closure. I’m disgusted by the result but this should not be the end. YNWA.

He admitted his own guilt previously, how much more proof do you need?

How can Bob Mc still be allowed to be involved after his ban today?
WTF is going on, insult and offend on one thread then continue to contribute about the same subject on another?

We need to read the judgment as to why he was found not guilty.
Judges don’t reach decisions like this lightly.
There is guilt but it can’t be laid at the feet of one person I suspect.
Perhaps the police force itself should be put on trial.

People died, relatives and survivors need an answer.
Read this from upthread 2d.

Burden of proof is high in such matters

You have to ask yourself then, who else was responsible? I wasn't as though this kind of incident was a first, the infamous 71 Ibrox disaster was the lesson - he should have been well aware...

advertisement

Back