advertisement

AW266

Intriguingly it has been suggested that retaining Naim's NAPSC with a NAC82 while the DTC looks after the role of the two HiCaps is of benefit. Not what was intended but interested to hear what others have experienced.

I had a DTC for a while. I could hear no difference whatsoever between the real NAPSC and the DTC option.

The DTC must surely rank as one of the best VFM upgrades ever.

I had difficulty in choosing between it and the APX4 but ultimately kept the APX4.

The APX4 moved on in favour of a TSC which doesn't actually sound better on its own but does allow "superlinking" of the 82.

The DTC is fed by a custom made transformer, with a separate winding for the NAPSC regulator circuit. This means it has no interaction with the power rails that feed the audio circuit.
TLDR: should not make any difference whether you use the embedded NAPSC or an external one.
Thanks, Yair

I recently bought a 202/200 (had them before), came with a NAPSC. Ran them for a while until a TeddyCap Plus (HiCap + NAPSC) came up used, connected just the TeddyCap part and left the NAPSC in place, couple days later swapped the NAPSC out so just the TCap + was powering things. Zero change/difference. Sounds like one of those forum myths to me.

The Teddy power supplies are excellent vfm and it’s not uncommon to prefer them to the Naim ones, I did when I was climbing all the way up the Classic range.

Many thanks to everyone. I had hoped to be up and running this weekend however, either theft or deception means I am missing the NAC82 I purchased. I am assured the funds are heading back to me though.

advertisement

Back