advertisement

Dropbox

Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Accuphase all the way down
Don't really use this much, but the other day I decided an online copy of a couple of documents I have on my desktop might be handy, so thoughtlessly I decided to synch my desktop with Dropbox. I'd forgotten that I also had a couple of folders of pictures on there, and this pushed me over the limit.

I'm now getting constant nagging to upgrade my Dropbox account, and warnings that it's no longer synching with my computer.

I've gone onto the app and done my best to stop it synching the desktop, and deleted the desktop from Dropbox (recovering it from the recycle bin as this seemed, somewhat scarily, to delete the relevant stuff from my actual desktop, too).

But I'm still geting the nags, and the desktop still shows in the Dropbox app.

I'm beginning to think the most realistic option is to bin Dropbox entirely as I've barely used it, but my experience with the desktop at the weekend makes me worry that if I just unthinkingly discard it, the originals that still reside on my computer, might also disappear. I've tried to stop it synching, but can't tell if it has achieved that, nor if that would be sufficient to prevent it from deleting the originals if I delete from Dropbox.

Does anybody have any advice?

advertisement

Back