advertisement

Driving License turnaround time after speeding ticket.

molee

pfm Member
Urgent plea to the recidivist pfm massive. {You know who you are}.

Long story short. Caught bang to rights, sent my card license to be endorsed. How quickly, under current circs, should I get it back?
Thanks in advance.

I’d be asking that in a forum such as Pistonheads, in their Speed, Plod Law room. Ignore the nasty b*******ds, it’s worth the wait.

Before COVID, I remember it being surprisingly quick, less than a week. But who knows now?

Before COVID, I remember it being surprisingly quick, less than a week. But who knows now?
Not as quick as me going down the M4 at 3 in the morning through roadworks with, you guessed it, no bugger doing a spot of work.

When I turned 70 a few weeks ago I sent mine in as required and got a new one within a week.
You don’t physically need it of course, and can continue driving.

I hope not mine is still pink paper.

Many years ago, I sent off my pink paper license to have points (incurred due to speeding at 35 in a 30 to get out of the way of an ambulance with its blue lights on) added to it and they were hand written on the license.

Many years ago, I sent off my pink paper license to have points (incurred due to speeding at 35 in a 30 to get out of the way of an ambulance with its blue lights on) added to it and they were hand written on the license.

Yep, it’s a tough one, but as with going through a red light because there’s an ambulance with blues and twos on the go behind you, it’s not allowed.

Urgent plea to the recidivist pfm massive. {You know who you are}.

Long story short. Caught bang to rights, sent my card license to be endorsed. How quickly, under current circs, should I get it back?
Thanks in advance.

Up to 9 months if my experience with DVLA are anything ( with a G not a K ) Not speeding related issues

I changed primary address twice in last year and replacement licence arrived within five days each time after notifying them online. It was only reading another pfm thread on the consequences of not informing them, that prompted me to do it since I’m normally very tardy with this sort of task.
Just before Christmas I got a penalty notice from DVLA ordering me to cough up a fine for “driving while not insured”. I ticked the box to appeal and enclosed a copy of my insurance certificate. Turns out the nasty surprise was because my insurer had not uploaded my details onto the national database. Haven’t heard back from DVLA since.

One point: take a pic of your license, front and back, before sending in. They’ve been known to remove entitlements.
It's what I do. I know someone this happened to. He somehow lost his motor bike entitlement when his licence was renewed. When challenged DVLA claimed there were no records of his pass 50 years previously and if he wanted to ride he'd have to retake a test. He never bothered and was left with an original immaculate Triumph Bonneville in the garage which he couldn't legally ride.

advertisement

Back