advertisement

Dream deck?

The Schröder Reference and it has been an education. There is a very sweet spot among its adjustments but finding it when you don’t know what the arm is capable of takes quite some time. VTA, VTF balance against each other to optimise the position of both the cartridge coils and stylus rake (I have an Ortofon replicant), I’m glad I opted for the fine adjusters. The magnet gap doesn't need to be too wide or focus suffers and the tension of just about every screw I’ve adjusted (there are some you’re warned not to) seems to make a difference with “just tight enough to hold it and no more” being generally what works best. Rega rigidity it ain’t but it works a treat.

I saw and heard, I dreamt, I waited, I craved, I got frustrated and wondered was it worth it.
I saved a bit, sold much, plasticised too. Finally enabling the dream in the form of a Thales TTT Slim II turntable with Easy tonearm and EMT HD006 cartridge. Entry level for some, my zenith. No bling, a really good design built and perfected on previous ideas. Swiss engineering and craftsmanship, a simple thing of beauty to me. An integrated battery good for 20 hrs between each charge. Surprisingly took me a few months to get used used to handling the arm, no lifting protuberance so requires a different kind of light touch, and confidence. Once acquired, great pleasure ensues, when away from the deck one imagines it sitting there, waiting for action, the return of its slave and adorer, oh Babel!
4-C5763-E5-7-FD5-433-F-88-B4-A49199-D8-F9-DC.jpg

AADD6-B12-5421-4048-AB79-AA154-DE2-E188.jpg

4-DC500-F5-62-B9-432-F-9-B42-A951-E6-D271-FF.jpg

@effinity

Have to say, I’d love to plug one of those into my Nagra preamp! Wonder if one of those EMT carts would work in the Technics SL-1200G arm? What’s its output and loading requirements?

@effinity

Have to say, I’d love to plug one of those into my Nagra preamp! Wonder if one of those EMT carts would work in the Technics SL-1200G arm? What’s its output and loading requirements?

"I'm an EMT and I had sex with a patient in the back of my ambulance. ... hd006. 1 /3 BJD accessory / Handmade by me Custom dress design inspire by Vera ...“

Whoops! Wrong copy and paste! :eek:

Here you go......

Diamond: SFL
Weight
: 17.5g
Tracking force: 2,5g
Output Transfer Level: 0,21mVs/cm
Compliance: 12µm/mN

"I'm an EMT and I had sex with a patient in the back of my ambulance. ... hd006. 1 /3 BJD accessory / Handmade by me Custom dress design inspire by Vera ...“

Whoops! Wrong copy and paste! :eek:

Here you go......

Diamond: SFL
Weight
: 17.5g
Tracking force: 2,5g
Output Transfer Level: 0,21mVs/cm
Compliance: 12µm/mN

Ah, so it’s about 1mV in normal measurements, I think? Tricky to match. I know EMT make their own SUT for their carts, but would be nice to use the SUT in my Nagra.

From the horses mouth....

Strange. 0.1 mV @ 5cms/sec (European standard) which is remarkably low, indicating very few coils on the magnet(s) and a low internal impedance; yet it quotes 24 ohms (high), backed up by the recommended exterior loading of 200+ ohms. Would need an SUT or very sensitive ph/stage, I'd think.

Can't quite get a handle on this.

Last edited:
It's possible that they have put the decimal point in the wrong place, but even €54 is still expensive for what it is.

To be fair, without opening the proverbial Hi-Fi can of worms, providing that price is correct then it's another case of certain manufacturers charging what they want for stuff,on the premise that some people automatically think expensive = better

I do think it's a typo though

Getting slightly off track here?
It is a ‘Dream Deck’ thread, is it not?

A dream became a reality but as mentioned, the puck came as part of the ‘bundle’ which also included an isolation platform and Thales cable which is exquisite.

As an aside here is a ‘dream’ factory.....(previously posted by @G T Audio in a dedicated thread)

Back when I was younger my dream deck was an LP12 and now I have one it's still my dream. I've yet to hear a better sounding deck than mine - and while I'm sure they exist I really don't want to hear one as I'm currently I'm happy with the deck I have.

One thing is for sure though - any dream deck of mine wouldn't need me to be pissing about adjusting stuff like the speed and VTA etc.

advertisement

Back