advertisement

Dr who Christmas special

david ellwood

Kirabosi Kognoscente
I’m expecting a huge retcon back pedal, with everything after getting onto the plane either a wizard of oz dream or zaphod beeblebrox bespoke universe.

here’s hoping something can be salvaged.

I completely gave up on Dr. Who with the current incumbent and attrocious stories...

Easily the worst Dr. and series since Colin Baker and the evil Berty Bassett...ffs...

Something will happen. They’ll all run away from it. They’ll all run towards it. Something else will happen. The end.

I’ll be watching, obviously. This is master storytelling.

I gave up on it when I was about ten, filed firmly in the same box marked 'guff' along with Harry Potter and that one with the walking trees and hobbits.

I fully sympathise with that. HP and LOTR films left me stone cold bored. Dr. Who is more of an institution with no previous books to magnify its short comings. I watched the newer ones mainly with the kids and there are some decent stories along the way. The current set up has managed to finally kill it off for me and the kids ( 23 & 27:D ).

Something will happen. They’ll all run away from it. They’ll all run towards it. Something else will happen. The end.

I’ll be watching, obviously. This is master storytelling.
You missed in a moment of hopeless impending death and destruction a screwdriver will be waved and everything will be fine.

I enjoyed it. Running around with Daleks is what The Doctor is all about. Some good moments with the companions too.

I’m expecting a huge retcon back pedal, with everything after getting onto the plane either a wizard of oz dream or zaphod beeblebrox bespoke universe.

here’s hoping something can be salvaged.

I don't understand a word of this. Doctor Who is an entertainment for young people who have probably never heard of Z B, and, like me, have no idea what a "retcon back pedal" is.

I enjoyed it. Running around with Daleks is what The Doctor is all about. Some good moments with the companions too.

I don't understand a word of this. Doctor Who is an entertainment for young people who have probably never heard of Z B, and, like me, have no idea what a "retcon back pedal" is.

Enabled crackpot?

Terry Nation wrote loads of Dr Who books. I remember collecting them and reading them as a child.

Quite right, I forgot about his Daleks creation, I associate him mostly with Blake's 7. However, I'm not sure any of his actual books were made into episodes or series?

Tennant was a high point but it’s floundered on poor choices since then. And the storylines just don’t engage.It’s become sillier and therefore poorer.
I agree - plus Russell T Davies as writer. We were fortunate it also coincided with our kids being "of age."
I recall Tennant"s last words were "I don't want to go." I sometimes imagine Russell has some episodes squirelled away and Tennant will come back and be the first double Doctor.

advertisement

Back