Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Downsizing and simplifying... some nice kit up for grabs!

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by RikC, Mar 23, 2022.

1. RikC

RikC pfm Member

Before the pandemic my garden office was a bit of a sanctuary. Somewhere that I could work quietly and think, create and design stuff while listening to music. Then the pandemic kicked in and, as we all know, what was a private space was now invaded several times a day with work colleagues. I had to invest in a webcam, PC, bigger monitor, etc. to keep up and, well frankly, I did my bit to keep the show on the road. But my sacred space became unrecognisable to me and I've told my boss I'm no longer working from home. And so I'm now reclaiming my garden office and turning it into a studio. This means I'm downsizing and simplifying. No computers, no laptops, no webcams, no hifi kit, no speakers. So its all up for sale.

Anyway, enough with the life story.

** The Amphion speakers, power amps and the Mytek Brooklyn were recommended to me by Amphion. This was the exact combination they used in listening tests for the speakers. Hence, a very good match up. Indeed, I bought the Mytek from their research lab! **

Amphion Argon 3S pair in walnut. Work perfectly. Some cosmetic blemishes to the cabinet work. £1200
    https://amphion.fi/enjoy/products-home-audio/argon3s-bookshelf-loudspeaker/

Amphion Amp100 (2off) 100W mono power amps in black. Amazing and a small footprint. £650 for both.
    https://amphion.fi/create/products-pro-audio/power-amplifiers/amp100-mono/

Mytek Brooklyn DAC/headphone amp in silver front fascia. Brilliant bit of kit and if I was running separates in my living room I'd keep it (but already got a Primare I35 and a Copland DAC215 so can't be justified). £1,000

Custom Design speaker stands in black. Some minor blemishes to the struts. Originally bought for a pair of Kef LS50W I had but a perfect fit for the Amphion's too. £100/pair.

HDPlex Mains Conditioner. I think it is the 300W version. Not the latest version. Used to feed the Mytek Brooklyn. £200

If someone buys the lot as a 'ready to go' and sublimely matched system then I'll do the lot for £2,750 and I'll include the XLR and Neutrik speaker cables too.

hifinutt likes this.
  2. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

bargain for the 3s which costs more in walnut . marvellous speaker . pics will help the sale

RikC likes this.
  3. RikC

RikC pfm Member

Yep will post photos when I figure out how to do it!

4. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

5. RikC

RikC pfm Member

Thanks!

6. RikC

RikC pfm Member

7. effinity

effinity pfm Member

8. philiphifi

philiphifi pfm Member

is Mytek a streamer as well?

9. RikC

RikC pfm Member

No it’s just a DAC.

10. RikC

RikC pfm Member

Will upload photos of other kit tomorrow. Thanks for the interest so far.

11. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

WOW, that’s a change, you were interested in my Accuphase a few days ago!!

GLWTS

12. RikC

RikC pfm Member

Hi folks. All of the kit is now sold. My mate bought it all off me. Thanks for the interest and for the kind offers of support.

@Weiss-Man yep. Was going down the route of upgrading to re-ignite my interest in listening to music in my office. Checked out your Accuphase, a Copland csa100, and a Supernait 3 but decided I needed a more fundamental change.

Weiss-Man likes this.
  13. RikC

RikC pfm Member

All kit is now SOLD

Vaibhav likes this.