Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Dougie2404

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Chops54, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

I found out this evening that my good friend Dougie passed away on July 3rd. He lived on his own and I had been unable to contact him for the last couple of weeks. I managed to get in touch with his family this evening only to be given the news of his passing.

I'll miss you Dougie,

RIP.

2. robs

robs should know how this works by no

Awful news, he was posting here for a long time, and a good guy.
    RIP Dougie.

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Very sad news indeed. RIP Dougie.

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Sorry to hear your news Chops. RIP Dougie.

5. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Thank you all.

6. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

Ah, that’s crap. I liked him. Sorry for your loss, Chops, and thanks for letting us know.

7. Colin L

Colin L High-tech low-life

Sad news. RIP Dougie.

8. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

I didn't know Dougie, but it's always sad to lose a fisher. Sorry for your loss Chops. RIP Dougie.

sean99 likes this.
  9. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

Sad news, sorry to read that Chops

10. zarniwoop

zarniwoop hoopy frood

Sorry to hear this, and for your loss.

11. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Dougie had only just come home from hospital after a serious op but his passing was completely unexpected. I last spoke to him the day before he died and he seemed fine. He was looking forward to his son coming to visit and stay for a few days. We said we’d chat the next week but I knew there was something wrong when he never answered my calls. Unfortunately his family didn’t know the pin for his phone so they couldn’t contact me.

As you get older you know this kind of thing is going to happen more often but it doesn’t make it any easier :(

Thank you for all the kind comments. I’m sure Dougie would appreciate them :)

Darren and sean99 like this.
  12. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

RIP Dougie

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

He posted a couple of times on the 2nd and accessed the site on the 3rd, so it was clearly sudden. A huge shame and he’ll be missed by many of us here.

14. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

I didn't know him well but he seemed like a nice chap and always sad to lose a fishie, especially the nice ones.

RIP Dougie.

15. RIP Dougie, we seem to be saying goodbye to people quite frequently these days unfortunately.

BB

16. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

That's hard Chops, sorry to hear. RIP Dougie.

17. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

Sorry to hear Chops - RIP Dougie

18. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I'm sorry to hear that Chops.

Dougie posted in a thread last year that he wasn't enjoying the Alice Coltrane LP he'd bought and I jokingly commented that he could send it over to me. Out of the blue he PMed me to say it was mine. When I offered a small charity donation he nominated PFM. A real gent.

19. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

Thanks all again for the kind comments.

Yes indeed Paul ( I hope that’s your real name) He was a generous, well meaning bloke. He was dead straight too and you always you knew where you were with him.

Si74 likes this.
  20. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Very sad. RIP. :(