advertisement

Domed loudspeaker stand feet - any ideas where these are from?

robinb

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to source something but drawing blanks so hoping the community here can help.

Ages ago I bought some cheap Atacama stands from a local dealer (now gone out of business) and he supplied them with some hemispherical (i.e. dome shaped) nylon feet that screw into the base of the stands.

Probably not as effective as spikes but major WAF where parquet floors are concerned...!

I need some more for a different set of speakers and Atacama say the feet aren’t their product, so a bit of a mystery.

Any ideas where these might be found, guys?!

Robin

[I'd attach a pic but apparently I don't have the rights to do so!]

I feel your parquet pain - ours has a fair few marks and scuffs from the previous owners, and we're doing our best to keep things reasonably scratch free, but that's mainly as it's such a pain to clear the house enough to get the floor sanded and re-sealed that I dread having to do this again ;-)

Anyhow, yes, floor protectors work but these tend to be hard to slide if you need to move the stands, and so i'd go with some machine feet as tony has suggested. If the shafts are too long you'll need to get the junior hacksaw out, but it's easy to cut them down to size.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys

Rug Doc: I'm going to give the Superspikes a go - they were new to me so thanks for alerting me to them!

Robin

advertisement

Back