advertisement

Dog's trust fundraising manager

twotone

pfm Member
Due to the current economic crisis, basically I'm skint.

Anyway I decided to cancel our dog's pet insurance which is £64 a month but I remembered someone on here saying that you can join the dog's trust and membership comes with third party liability insurance so I joined this morning.

This rather nice welcome tickled me:D

Once again thank you for becoming a member of Dogs Trust.

With very best wishes,

Kayleigh Barker
Fundraising Manager

Our dog insurance has risen x10 over the last 7 years. I have cancelled and now transfer the cost to a personal account. I am not prepared to collude with an industry plagued by venture capitalists buying up swathes of independent vet practices, involved in the pharmaceutical supply chain, and the insurance industry. What a shame that what is, effectively, an essential service (if you have a pet) has been so corrupted by greed, in many cases.

Our dog insurance has risen x10 over the last 7 years. I have cancelled and now transfer the cost to a personal account. I am not prepared to collude with an industry plagued by venture capitalists buying up swathes of independent vet practices, involved in the pharmaceutical supply chain, and the insurance industry. What a shame that what is, effectively, an essential service (if you have a pet) has been so corrupted by greed, in many cases.

That’s the future of the NHS, right there.

Basically we can’t afford the pet insurance we were with pet plan who were brilliant but the policy is now £750 a year and we paid for minor vet bills anyway do anything under £100 plus the dog’s had major problems when he was younger which have all been sorted by the insurance.

I have an ongoing claim for lameness in his left front paw which includes joint supplements and pain relief when required but the insurance refused the recent claim cause we hadn’t paid this years excess of £100 so I had to pay the vet £63 for treatment related to that ongoing claim so £130 paid out this month which is why we cancelled.

Similar story many years ago on Radio 4 "You and Yours" about large American firms buying up small independent funeral directors and now we're swamped with adverts about how the cost of funerals are shooting up.

Andy

advertisement

Back