advertisement

Does the Rega Isis actually exist?

uncl_nigel

pfm Member
I have just enquired with all the Rega dealers I could locate in and around Lyon, France (one of the three largest cities in the country) and none of them seems to have ever actually seen an Isis in the flesh let alone had the chance of getting one through their door.

So does the Rega Isis actually exist? I mean ho has actually got one? Seen one? Heard one?

I would have asked at Munich but Rega were not there.

I have just enquired with all the Rega dealers I could locate in and around Lyon, France (one of the three largest cities in the country) and none of them seems to have ever actually seen an Isis in the flesh let alone had the chance of getting one through their door.

So does the Rega Isis actually exist? I mean ho has actually got one? Seen one? Heard one?

Unless money is no object you'd be well advised to avoid buying Rega gear in France.

I have one and I'm hanging onto it.

Could send you a photo
:)

Buy one in the UK and ship it over. I assume it will work ok in France

I know they exist having seen and heard the amp and CD player....

Only l wished l hadn't as they sound blooming great.

Forgot to add they were attached to a pair of them KEF LS50.:)

Made the KEFs sound huge and l mean big.

Last edited:
At the start of my audio journey I heard a demo of an Isis and Osiris with a pair of Focal 1028be speakers. The sound was superb. The whole journey might have been cheaper if I’d just bought that system there and then.

Seen, heard and have been very tempted to buy one in the past. It’s an impressively solid piece of kit and they do sound rather decent.

Rega Isis/Osiris were used by Fyne speakers in one of their rooms at the alternative hifideluxe exhibition at Marriott hotel in Munich

Rega had a room there too

First I've ever heard of this alternative exhibition.

Many missed it unfortunately
No idea why their marketing don't seem to reach out.
They have been there for years..

What a shame and then no because it was uncrowded as opposite to MOC, only a few hundred x5 visitors thursday (wild guess)

The rooms with Vertere/FM Acoustics and JMF was seriously good sound imo
Cost aside

Some room with crap but not procentual as much as MOC

free entry

Not wishing to thread crap but......

I saw and heard one at Phonography a few years back. It’s certainly a beautiful object.

I have to say however that whilst initially impressive sounding, over extended listening I preferred the Densen B440xs it was up against.

Alive and well !! No worries ...full stop.

Even have used or demo units listed for sale on CANUCKAUDIOMART and AUDIOGON

just noticed that rick at musicraft has an isis amp and cd player for 4908 , i might be wrong but i would say thats a damm fine deal

Musicraft have not been an Rega Franchised Dealer for over 2 years, so those units, whilst possibly demonstration units, are at least that old.

advertisement

Back