advertisement

Does anyone have experience claiming against Parcel Force?

Sovereign

pfm Member
I recently sent a Young DAC PSU through Parcel Force.
It was well packaged, when the parcel arrived the box looked fairly intact but the PSU was in pieces.
I am keen to make a claim and give the recipient of the PSU the compensation as a good will gesture.
My concern is that if I don't play it right then Parcel Force will throw the blame at the sender, me, and say it wasn't packaged correctly, so I wan't to pre-emt any blame casting and cover my bases.
Can anyone advise?

well 1st you need to take photos of the box as soon as it arrived, preferentially before its opened. obviously your past that now.

i would photograph the remains of the box, and get a quote for a repair.

if you have no box to photograph now, personally i wouldn't have much hope.

well 1st you need to take photos of the box as soon as it arrived, preferentially before its opened. obviously your past that now.

i would photograph the remains of the box, and get a quote for a repair.

if you have no box to photograph now, personally i wouldn't have much hope.

I have a picture of the parcel before it was sent, but only the box closed so you are not able to see how well it was packaged. I also have pictures of the broken PSU and the fairly intact box the other end.
My concern is that Parcel Force will just say that if the box was intact when it arrived then the PSU inside the box wasn't adequately secured.

I have claimed through parcelfarce. They required me to send the parcel and contents to them for inspection. They did pay up but it took about four weeks. I think it depends on the value as something that only cost £10 they just paid up. It is not easy as they do not answer the phone and you can get stuck in their telephone loop. However, this was a couple if years ago and they may be better or even worse. To be fair, any company will not make it plain sailing as there are plenty of scammers out there. It's about time that accelerometers became standard over here.

I cant believe the problems folk have with couriers I've sent nearly 50 large parcels , mostly UPS/DHL some via the Royal mail (smaller items) , never had a problem. If the parcel arrive intact , was it as sent or was it reboxed, check the tape ? is it your tape , if it looks the same was it taped as you did it , the aswer will be in the details. If all is Ok I'd question the recipient , maybe they dont want it and they are a knob from planet dick head??
Was it sent to another country , if yes , then the local customs took it apart , in which case you are knackered , did you write on the box "electronic component" if not then it would appear to be a bomb to most retards that work in customs.

I gave up using Parcel Farce years ago. They are by far the worst carrier I've ever used. UPS/DHL are great but even the cheap ones are better that Parcel Farce.

If the box was intact when it arrived I think you're going to struggle.

I had a very bad experience of parcel force years ago. They claimed that the item was not packaged adequately, even though the manufacturer confirmed it was better packed then they would have done it.

In the end I took them to the small claims court and the settled immediately. Their lawyer told me she had told them they had no case and to settle!

S I would make the claim via their process first with all your evidence and if no joy proceed to the small claims court> It wont be woth their while sending someone to attend and they should cough up.

Good luck

I recently sent a Young DAC PSU through Parcel Force.
It was well packaged, when the parcel arrived the box looked fairly intact but the PSU was in pieces.
I am keen to make a claim and give the recipient of the PSU the compensation as a good will gesture.
My concern is that if I don't play it right then Parcel Force will throw the blame at the sender, me, and say it wasn't packaged correctly, so I wan't to pre-emt any blame casting and cover my bases.
Can anyone advise?

The one occasion I have done it Parcelforce insisted on keeping the item.

I never got anywhere with ParcelFarce when they damaged my Mac. They just kept giving me the run around and as I was working long hours seven days a week and the Mac still worked ok I simply gave up. I should have kept at them I suppose but there we are. Now I simply don't use them anymore and if I buy anything I make it plain to the seller to use another courier.

I stopped using parcel farce some years ago, and the post office parcel service too since they lost / delayed too many items. They are also a pain to deal with, though I hope this problem gets sorted soon.

I have only personally seen one company who did NOT throw parcels onto the floor / into the back of the van (I used to work in an office where various couriers would deliver and pick up parcels all through the day) and that was UPS - however, I have seen clips on the internet of them doing the same!

My advice is double box everything, if in doubt put more foam / bubble wrap in that you could ever believe is necessary and always take pics of the parcel both inside and out for later if needed. The drivers in general couldn't give less of a shit for the things in your box, and will treat it accordingly.

Now you can buy special devices built into labels that will show if the parcel has been dropped, which you may want to look into.

I always pack stuff on the assumption that it might get dropped off the back of a truck, because it might.

I brought a pre and power amp from a member here and I arranged collection via Parcel Force myself. I sent it straight from the seller to a company who repair and do modification on audio equipment (I needed the pre to have some sort of balance on it has I am slightly deaf in one ear). When it arrived it had been dropped and the left channel power supply on the power amp was totally buggered. I filled in the claims form and was lucky enough able to give a quote for repairs because of where the amp was. The full amount was paid back, which was around £100, with no questions asked did not even ask to see the box. Found them really helpful through the whole process. They did say if under £150 there is good chance no one will come and inspect but as the claim gets higher the more likely some someone would

advertisement

Back