Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] diyaudio PSU pcb

Discussion in 'd.i.y. classifieds' started by firestorm, Jun 19, 2021.

1. firestorm

firestorm pfm Member

Looking to make my Aleph J dual mono.
    Any one have a spare diyaudio PSU pcb for sale?

Preferably located in UK or EU.

2. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Unlikely in the present circumstances, I'm afraid.

In the (equally unlikely?) event that I'm lucky in the second lottery draw, thereby 'winning' an order above the DIYaudio $200 minimum, I'll start a GB on a separate thread for any parts needed by other UK fishies.

laverda and firestorm like this.
  3. laverda

laverda pfm Member

Sorry did I get this right, a min $200 order amount from DIYaudio store.....?

4. firestorm

firestorm pfm Member

I don't usually buy much from the USA or Canada, as their S&H are extraordinarily high. Australia is almost as bad.
    Plus 80% of the stuff I have bought from the USA attracts the dreaded handling charge as well as VAT, more often than not the handling charge is more than the VAT.
    Strangely, items from China gets through ok. Now due to the wonders of Brexit, I get charged tax twice and a handling charge from EU countries (happened twice so far). Yes, I know they should be able to sell it ex VAT and then it get's charged VAT and handling charge or apply to HMRC for a GB VAT number and pay UK VAT, but not many companies can be bothered.

5. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

Yep. The curse of Brexit. Exporters to us now have to add VAT 'at source' and account to HMRC. Since the DIYaudio Store doesn't make a profit the additional time and paperwork can't be justified on low value orders - they don't have the manpower. Ideally they would get Mouser or Digi-key to stock their most popular items, but that would only make sense to a partner if buyers ordered the rest of a BOM at the same time. Whether there would be enough demand in Europe even then is moot.

6. davidjt

davidjt pfm Member

I certainly agree on the 'collection charge' rip-off. AliExpress now add VAT to the order automatically. AMB Labs and DIYaudio have both agreed to send me stuff by surface mail or letter post in the past in order to minimise costs. When I can get back to France regularly I'll arange delivery there - postal/courier services are weird and wonderful but (so far) tax free. Smuggling would be illegal, obviously. Whether helping out a fellow fishie occasionally comes into that category, I've no idea. :rolleyes:

7. Soulman

Soulman pfm Member

I've got one spare, happy to sell for cost plus p&p. Should be around £30 I'd have thought (bought to make an order up to $200)