advertisement

diyAudio group buy Paradise R3 phono stage boards

Thanks Chilli
I have decided to send mine to Simon as I just don't have time at the moment and I know I am sending it to good hands from someone who has built and repaired more of these than anyone
Alan

Thanks Chilli
I have decided to send mine to Simon as I just don't have time at the moment and I know I am sending it to good hands from someone who has built and repaired more of these than anyone
Alan

Si knows more about these boards than anyone really, he'll do a great job I'm sure.

Big thanks to Si for servicing and upgrading my Paradise Phono stage, got the boards back last week, I made a change to my power supply boards from CRCLC to CLCRC, and have installed them back in their case.
Left them switched on for 48 hrs then tweaked the regs on the paradise boards to 18.2VDC
With a signal gen set at 1K -60 dB checked the output on a scope and have perfectly matched sine wave of 1K 0.755V so the gain is just under 60dB
Had to dig out my Pioneer turntable as I haven't listened to Vinyl for more than 9 months, anyway after listening to a few hours of the 20 records I still own, Herby Hancock the river sounded superb and better then before :cool:;).

IMG_4582 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
IMG_4584 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
IMG_4534 by Alan Towell, on Flickr
Alan

Last edited:
Excellent, with those new caps on the shunt and j113 correctly dialled in with that 1k resistor they should be good for another half decade. Putting the R after the inductors is a good move, loads the chokes up straight away at power up.

I need some foo loading plugs actually.

Unless there is anything else I can do to upgrade mine? Too new to mess with yet?
Still sounds fantastic.

Nothing foo about choosing the lowest noise and temp co resistors to use as a signal divider. Nothing to say it's audible either though.

I generally use smt melf resistors (1206 size) and neutrik Rean plugs. 0.1% and 50ppm seems OK for 80p a pop. Thetes always charcroft/ texas naked foils if you're feeling fancy.

advertisement

Back