advertisement

Discreet Speaker Cable

stevebrock

pfm Member
Anybody have any recommendations for a thin discrete speaker cable that has to be routed along a skirting board - skirting boards are white with a grey carpet. The cable needs to be as unobtrusive as possible and will be about 8m in length to go along 2 sides of my new room (moved in together with missus so I need to compromise)

I currently use Rega Quattro with a Rega Elex amp with RS3 speakers so do not need a mega expensive cable.

Thanks guys.

Was going to say nordost 2flat, but just checked the price is crazy. I bought about 18m of it and laid my wooden floor over it in the event that if i ever wanted surround sound it's there.
I can't remember how much I paid, maybe €80 around 15 years ago, if only I could get it out.

TBH I've tended to buy speaker cable from CPC/Farnell. They have a fair variety of sizes, colours, etc. The main concern to take note of is that 8m is long enough for the size of the xsectional area of the conductors to be taken into account. i.e. there is a trade off between your wish for 'thin' and the series resistance that may alter the response if too thin. Depends on your speakers, etc. If the cable you have is OK at that length it gives you a guide to how much metal/m you'll need.

Tellurium Q - Black 2 look for them in used market. They are worth every penny.

Supra's imaginatively-named "Flat" is a thin white ribbon of cable that will fit under or behind almost anything, or use double-sided tape and just stick it to your skirting boards. It's also cheap - last time I looked it was under £2/m, and the conductors are tinned, so no long-term degradation of sound.

s9.jpg

MIT C1 16-4 inwall speaker cable

I got this tip from a fellow PFM years back. Very good VFM!

advertisement

Back