advertisement

Discogs - first bad transaction

A couple of times had postage refunded. Only with one of these purchases involved one from France, did not want to pay at first so got Discogs involved, sorted.
Ebay operate with similar buyer protection.

Bloss

For the item I mentioned at the start of the thread I paid the return purchase. I was concerned the seller would disappear off the radar if I tried to get a refund plus p&p. Nothing to stop you asking if the seller sells a lot.

I have asked as he sells a lot.

No answer as yet, but I will post if back, with proof of receipt.

I too recently had my first bad experience on Discogs. A record from Spain that was not mint and had a huge scratch across it. When I asked for a full refund he accused me of lying saying that the scratch was inaudible! So I suggested with that response he knew that there was a scratch and that it couldn't be called mint? He was fairly abusive. After a lot of chasing I did get a refund but not the 12€ registered postage to know that he signed for its return. This was, incidentally the postage he demanded of me. Very unhappy. But heh, life moves on and I have only had really positive purchases in the past.

Had an LP that was described as mint condition show up from France that had a couple of scratches and hairs stuck to it.

I raised a complaint through PayPal and got a full refund. The seller couldn’t understand why I wasn’t satisfied with the purchase. Must say that’s the one and only time, thankfully.

Well...

I changed my mind as the seller has made no attempt to state that he will reimburse my return postage costs. (despite being asked several times)

So, I have opened a 'ticket' with Discogs.

Would I be better going straight to Paypal? I think I have to wait 4 days for him to reply. I hate having to do this, but it is the principle of the thing.

Pleased that Discogs removed the negative feedback a Seller left me after I provided the Seller with honest (negative) feedback.

"The feedback from "blahblahblah" on Order blahblahblah has been removed because it did not comply with our (Discogs) guidelines. The feedback will not appear on your account and will not affect your buyer or seller rating score."

I am not one for leaving negative feedback, but after receiving the wrong record (different colour label, different catalogue number...) and the seller not acknowledging his error.

Hey Ho.

You can get return postage back with Paypal, it is a separate scheme with a limited number of times to use.

Deal with it through Discogs first if you can - the seller wont want a negative review if there is a genuine grievance. I've sent an LP back which wasn't in the advertised condition (scratched and jumped) and they paid second class return post and refunded me without any quibbel

Deal with it through Discogs first if you can - the seller wont want a negative review if there is a genuine grievance. I've sent an LP back which wasn't in the advertised condition (scratched and jumped) and they paid second class return post and refunded me without any quibbel

Read my post. It is sorted. The seller received negative feedback. Poor service deserves just rewards.

My Discogs transactions have been great, excepting a scratched LP here and there. However, I've just had my first negative experience. I bought a nice 1st pressing of My Morning Jacket's "It Still Moves" and the next day - clear-eyed and with a cup of coffee in hand - looked over at one of my vinyl stacks and realized that I already had it.

Just had another stinky Discogs seller.

I paid for a c.d. instantly when ordered. Back on the 12th of December. U.K. Seller.

No communication, I complained to Discogs 10 days ago and got the status of the package back as Shipped from the seller. Still no actual message.
Postage = £6 for 1 c.d. which I regard as a high sum, the c.d. price was £18…

Tried to complain via PayPal but the process isn’t simple for simpletons like me. See how that goes ??

Also I requested support again via Discogs and they put a hold on the sellers account.

“Seller Suspension Pending
The buyer has requested a response from the seller regarding this order.
The seller's account will be suspended if no response is provided before 09-Jan-22 01:20 PM.”

this is a seller with 2000+ feedback and 1000’s of items for sale, hardly a new seller lacking experience.

Gets on my pip, not that the c.d. hasn’t arrived, just the lack of communication o_O

I paid for a c.d. instantly when ordered. Back on the 12th of December. U.K. Seller.

No communication, I complained to Discogs 10 days ago and got the status of the package back as Shipped from the seller. Still no actual message.

Tried to complain via PayPal but the process isn’t simple for simpletons like me. See how that goes ??

Also I requested support again via Discogs and they put a hold on the sellers account.

The seller's account will be suspended if no response is provided before 09-Jan-22 01:20 PM.”

this is a seller with 2000+ feedback and 1000’s of items for sale, hardly a new seller lacking experience.

Gets on my pip, not that the c.d. hasn’t arrived, just the lack of communication o_O
£6 P+P for 1 CD is outrageous. It would have put me off buying from that seller.

Finally got a full refund.

Item never arrived.

Glad to get a refund, but I could do without the stress.
The Seller has had his Discogs store stopped from selling.

Not left negative feedback yet, but I definitely will be doing.

:(

Well, Discogs...

I had ordered Weather Report - Heavy Weather - (I ordered the 1977 UK release - CBS orange/yellow 'sunburst' labels)

What arrived today was the Red label (mid-eighties onwards, I think) - with completely different cat. numbers. It is a CBS 'Nice-Price' reissue. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Postage was 2nd class/signature required.

So, wrong item dispatched. I wish to return the record, using the same postal method (2nd class / signature required) so that I can prove receipt.

Does the seller who sent the wrong record have to refund me the return postage?

I intend to return the record, but it seems fair to refund my return postage as well, as it is the sellers mistake.

(paid via paypal, Near Mint sleeve is VG+ at best, this is a moot point as it is the wrong record.)

Anyone got a postage refund for the return?

Yep. Politely tell them you want a refund including postage and if they want it back, they can pay for that too. If they challenge this, politely quote distance selling regs and remind them that these take primacy over discogs discretionary selling guidance. Threaten them with the small claims court if it’s a large value item. Only buy from 100% sellers and only buy items rated NM.

Yep. Politely tell them you want a refund including postage and if they want it back, they can pay for that too. If they challenge this, politely quote distance selling regs and remind them that these take primacy over discogs discretionary selling guidance. Threaten them with the small claims court if it’s a large value item. Only buy from 100% sellers and only buy items rated NM.

That post was from nearly 2 yrs. ago old bean :)

I've only ever used Discogs a few times, but I've been ripped off on every occasions. I use it for information only now.

advertisement

Back