advertisement

Diplomatic Immunity...

Hey Bob, there is faux-trolling with a light touch (comme moi) and then there is unpleasant trolling with an elephantesque touch (comme toi).

na that aint trolling, it is pure unpleasantness. there are plenty of perpetually nasty ppl on here......

As far as I am aware Labour have a proposal to allow tenants with the means to purchase their tenanted property at market rates.

As a landlord I support that proposal. If my tenant does not have the means he is welcome to stay.

That is not what was posted.

What was posted was the usual right wing shite misinterpretation if not downright lies about Labour suggestions for policy.

na that aint trolling, it is pure unpleasantness. there are plenty of perpetually nasty ppl on here......
Tis true there are one or two that don't ever want to join in. Being contrary all the time.
As far as I am aware Labour have a proposal to allow tenants with the means to purchase their tenanted property at market rates.
I wonder how that will pan out on one of mine that is worth 10 grand less than I paid for it. And bought with no deposit on interest only. My tenant is welcome to that one if she or Jeremy takes the debt on it too. If not, I can't see me giving it up and being left with the debt.

I am out for dinner tonight in Strasbourg with USA Consul General Kara McDonald. If I accidentally run her over outside the restaurant and leg it back to Hull what will happen to me?

Claim scientific immunity as it was a double blind test?

Immunity not an issues now, according to both governments, as the suspect is back in the USA.

Extradition proceedings, then.

Immunity not an issues now, according to both governments, as the suspect is back in the USA.

Extradition proceedings, then.
Interesting. How does it work that you only have immunity until you leave the country? Sounds ridiculous. But anyway, hopefully she will now be returned for a public flogging.

There are some very confused people on here!

she does not need diplomatic immunity in the US.

In other words she is not safe from prosecution in the US if she commits a crime there.

If she goes anywhere else in an official capacity she will have diplomatic immunity.

There are some very confused people on here!

she does not need diplomatic immunity in the US.

In other words she is not safe from prosecution in the US if she commits a crime there.

If she goes anywhere else in an official capacity she will have diplomatic immunity.
Please interpret what the foreign office is now saying and explain to my thick head that it does not mean that she is no longer protected. That the family of the deceased cannot get justice either in the US or here.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-driver-who-fled-uk-devastated-by-fatal-crash

Every one getting excited about possible charges if they can get her here.

Meanwhile an official from the US state dept responds..

"The president, the secretary of state, the US ambassador in London, and others in our government have all expressed sincere condolences to the Dunn family for this tragedy.

"The United States has been clear that, at the time the accident occurred, and for the duration of her stay in the UK, the driver in this case had status that conferred diplomatic immunities. The foreign secretary stated the same in parliament.

"We do not believe that the UK's charging decision is a helpful development."

she ain’t going anywhere.

Slightly off topic, but in one of my jobs it was thought that diplomatic immunity might not afford sufficient protection if there was a war, so we were given temporary commissions in HM forces on the basis that the Geneva Convention might be a better bet. I was never entirely convinced by this argument, and fortuntely never got to find out.

So she now has a red mark against her name issued by Interpol. So whereever she goes, there is risk of some trouble. But will it be enough? She must be wishing by now she'd just gone to court and got a ban for driving without due care.

advertisement

Back