advertisement

DIN XLR pulled out of NAP 250 when on

analogmusic

pfm Member
Sorry for the silly question, but seems one of the cleaners (when I was not at home) pulled out the XLR out of my NAP 250DR while it was on. I should have switched off my system !

I know that doing this on a NAC 202 while connected to Hicap can take out the tweeters, but not sure if this has done any damage so my speakers in this case.

I can't really hear any damage, but just curious does it lead to the same high pitched squeal or not, since the XLR-DIN is just an interconnect, not a SNAIC type of cable that carries DC.

It will survive. It makes a squacky noise but as long as your tweeters are still alive!!

One of your cleaners? Do you have an army of them? Perhaps a word of warning or a cable tie might help?

It's probably fine. You'll so tweeter-frying damage with any cable if you happen to make the signal before the earth like on phono plugs for instance. XLR and DINs for that matter tend to make them all at roughly the same time. If it was a quick disconnect you shouldn't worry. The way I do it is remove speaker leads then do what you like with the other cables and reconnect them last.

advertisement

Back