advertisement

Digital Strategy - What's the best way to go for sound quality

Ash is simply stating facts.

Westlake is self-taught.

AVI's chief engineer has formal engineering training.

Still don't see why or what the point is, are you now both saying JohnW doesnt know how to make good DAC's ??

PS, answer the question, don't skate around it YES or NO?

Martin was designing DACs for military applications in the early eighties, AVI had its first in '91
Ash

Rubbish!

I'm not taking that sort of cheek from anyone.

BTW we're about to introduce a new product. They are twice the power of yours, they produce 3000 Watt peaks, produce more bass, are half the size and quarter the price.

We can do it because we've kept pace with developments and because we have the engineering skills.

Ash

PS. Remote control, multiple digital inputs, DAC etc.

Yes its pretty much exactly the same as i put together last year, you told me i was deaf as i remember, your chief designer might be qualified, but he certainly isnt original! :D

Meridian did this, when Martin was still designing MOD DAC's

Ash,

I'm all for a speaker that takes into account the laws of physics and good luck with the ADM40s and all that, but I thought no one wanted big speakers anymore.

Why the change of heart?

Joe

Lets have some pics and (true) spec then Ashley.. If they're that good I'll buy them and be honest to say if they're better. Where can i listen to a pair?

PS, well done, hope they're a serious piece of kit and sincerely takes your AVI brand back to the status it once had.

ADM40 prototypes are on demo at Ash's place — 3-way active; 750w; 10" bass; DAC/pre, etc, etc.

I have it on good authority from an ex-ATC employee that the AVI ADM40 are far better.

Ash,

I'm all for a speaker that takes into account the laws of physics and good luck with the ADM40s and all that, but I thought no one wanted big speakers anymore.

Why the change of heart?

Joe

Apparently AVI sales are going through the roof with owners of high-end surround systems.

The ADM40 will feature an LFE input to take the .1 channel directly from AV processors. It's an extremely neat solution.

ADM40 prototypes are on demo at Ash's place — 3-way active; 750w; 10" bass; DAC/pre, etc, etc.

I have it on good authority from an ex-ATC employee that the AVI ADM40 are far better.
Would the ex-ATC employee be Ash?

I'm a ex employee from an employer that fired my ass for being a big loser. I still peddle his stuff for zero gain to this day. :D

Raj,

Funny how they both 'Ash'n'Daz', go on and off air at the same time .....
They're actually ninjas.

They travel in disguise to other territories to judge the situation of the enemy.

They inveigle their way into the midst of the enemy to discover gaps.

They enter enemy forums and set them on fire.

They carry out assassinations.

They always arrive in secret.

Joe

Raj,

They're actually ninjas.

They travel in disguise to other territories to judge the situation of the enemy.

They inveigle their way into the midst of the enemy to discover gaps.

They enter enemy forums and set them on fire.

They carry out assassinations.

They always arrive in secret.

Joe

Like a silent but deadly one.

Raj,
They're actually ninjas.
Joe

ninjav.png

ADM 39.5s

giggle.jpg

Same power, same threeway crossover, same driver array, like i said before qualified your designer might be, original he ain't! :D

advertisement

Back