• Linn/Naim/other HiFi branded

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • All the same (bits blah, blah, blah)

Votes: 30 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean to say that '...only therapy can offer any hope of a cure for such a desperate need to be a fêted guru the audio world. '?

No. And I have no desire to be some kind of celebrated guru.

You are in combative mode, Arthur. Easy behind a keyboard in the comfort of your abode.

Any figures yet on those tests you had done?

In another thread, Julf was showing off, a bit, about English being his eleventh language or something, but that explained a few things about his posts and enables the fussier British readership to make allowances. I'm always impressed by multi-linguists: is French your first language, or do have several? I'd be hopelessly at sea on a French-language forum.

ive gone to laptop>>dac>>active speakers

SBT is grounded for the moment (until i get a better internet connection)

Sweet merciful crap, is digital replay complicated! This is why I've stuck with a luverly turtletable.

djrooms_anim12.gif

Joe

To some audiophiles everything has to be complicated. It's as if there is a mirror universe Occam's Razor.

I'll raise you one dog...

83678332.gif

Sweet merciful crap, is digital replay complicated! This is why I've stuck with a luverly turtletable.
Joe
Digital replay is easy. Unfortunately not enough people make money from it so they pretend it's complicated.

Digital replay is easy. Unfortunately not enough people make money from it so they pretend it's complicated.

I'll give you some wire, and oh, a decade and let's see what you come up with. You can have a plug and a metal box too, just to help you along.

Not much to it, so doubt you'll need that long, but don't want to rush you.

Vital, CD player, amp, speakers. That's digital. Uncomplicated.

Computer amp speakers. That's digital. Uncomplicated.

Computer active speakers. That's digital. Even less complicated.

As I said, digital replay is easy.

I'll give you some wire, and oh, a decade and let's see what you come up with. You can have a plug and a metal box too, just to help you along.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it's easy to design digital audio from scratch; it's easy to buy the relevant equipment off the shelf though.

Why not give N.A.S.A. some wire and a decade and see what they can come up with?

I'll tell you what they'll come up with - perfection, as that's what we already have in terms of digital replay.

The only perfect thing in the world of HiFi, yet listen to enough scaremongering, and.......

Someone ought to tell Benchmark, Forssell, Mytek and other pro brands who keep working on better digital. Either they know the higher performing DACs they sell provide no real benefit, or they are themselves deluded audiophiles.

Good quote Merlin.

My point, obviously, is that the perfection we have (if we have, I'll tell you after Saturday :) ) is built on decades, no, centuries of developments.

Soldering a DAC chip to a pre-fab board is fairly simple, but that's kind of missing the point don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back