advertisement

Diego Maradona 1960-2020

George didn't get banned for taking cocaine or take pot shots at journalists. He was a "character" and harmless to everyone except himself.
George Best is one of my three favourite footballers ever but I must question that - he was the worst kind of alcoholic; unpredictable and capable of mentally and physically hurtful actions. I was lucky he was a joy when I met him.

I'd argue whether taking cocaine would enhance performance either, but we aren't here to list and debate the character flaws of a recently passed sporting legend - it never happened when legends of music passed.

George didn't get banned for taking cocaine or take pot shots at journalists. He was a "character" and harmless to everyone except himself.
He was quite violent towards women & his ‘antics’ were rather hard on his family. But what a ‘character’.

Thought the documentary film on C4 was excellent. Another example of how the media will hunt down and vilify addicts for sport.

I watched it again last night and was not at all tempted to turn over for MOTD.
Posted a track from the OST to a Spotify shared playlist...hopefully causes some consternation.

advertisement

Back