advertisement

Dianne Oxberry RIP

You have no right to, nor should expect access to, such intimate information about any stranger.
Of course I have no right to such information nor did I demand it but as I said an I'd like to know (excuse the original typo). Did I suggest I had any such right?

Lots of personal information has been given out, many people feel they knew something about Dianne - as has been said in the tributes, Dianne wasn't a stranger to many but rather like a friend, many are really quite upset.... All I'm interested to know at some point is what type of cancer it was - not her full medical history - in case it helps other to be vigilant. If the family don't want to say of course that's totally fine but they've already said she was at the Christie and it was cancer (as you'd expect at the Christie) - my wife and sister were both at the Christie too, people who've been through such tragedy often share for all sorts of reasons. Losing some one close to cancer well before their time will often change peoples' perspective, let's face it cancer is so rife that we can do with all the help possible to make sure we spot it early. I only said I was interested to know and it's not about being nosey - I've given my reasons so I hope they are understood and believed.

Whatever type of cancer took her is irrelevant in my opinion, that dreaded disease took away someone's wife, someone's mother & someone's colleague, that should be enough information for anyone in the public domain, if the family want to elaborate then I am sure they will eventually.

I liked her, she was one of those people who was in the background mostly, doing good things, but when she appeared on TV she was professional with a down to earth feel about her.

RIP dear lady.

Just read in today's Daily Mail (wife bought it for the anti-aging supplement) Dianne died from ovarian cancer. Very sad.

the silent killer, took my sister at 49... after she'd been given the all clear, sad news indeed

advertisement

Back