advertisement

Devialet or Audionet?

Our demo/display Audionet WATT glowing in the dark :cool:

1265685722_audionetwattinternal.thumb.jpg.1d2cb6ad082300c8e60966dd92d4b65f.jpg

Believe me it doesn't compare, by even 20%, i owned a Superuniti prior to the the Devialet D220 then Audionet DNA 1, then the DNA 2.0, a year later i added an EPS G2. The latter being better than many £20K amps demoed at home over about a year.

Better than the SAM. I hope a 10K+ amplifier beats the SU…

Do we measure sound quality by how much things weigh now?
Sound quality may be the predominant factor in the selection of any particular hifi gear but there are other prerequisites as well. For me, if I am paying a sizeable sum of money for an amp or any other equipment, I would want to ensure that I'm getting my money's worth. Apart from sound quality, looks and build quality are equally important to me. If certain equipment do not meet my criteria in looks or build quality especially one that's highly priced, I wouldn't bother looking at it. One example is the Arcam amp that was mentioned here, even though it might sound impressive.

T
Looks can be deceiving. Although the pattern of the Arcam shares an almost similar resemblance to the Audionet Watt, it looks plasticky cheap with the soft looking plastics of the panels. Just by looking at the Arcam you can sense it's a cheap AVR amp. Scrutinise the details and the weight of the Arcam is 10.25kg which is less than some budget integrated amps despite its £2,499 price tag. On the other hand the Audionet Watt is made from solid chunk of metal. Look at the details of the front panel. It's textured steel/metal. At 25kg the Watt is more than twice the weight of the Arcam.

In summary, the Arcam looks cheap and the Audionet looks solid expensive. They don't look the same too me at all even by judging from the photos, especially the build quality. In real life if they are placed side by side I think the differences may be even more apparent.
Talking about the design, not materials.

I couldn’t care less how much something weighs. My current set up looks ok but sounds great, far better than my previous system which happened to weigh more.

Being an Audionet fan i maybe biased but i can reassure anyone out there, they are built to last a lifetime and the styling of distinctly Bauhaus - so timeless and classic.

Agree 100% and servicing these amps is rather easy and they use standard parts so all good for a long ownership.

Sense of humour failure?

It will take more than you Del monaco to make me lose my sense of humour, but from past experience on forums, interesting/informative/helpful threads are often spoiled by someone with no knowledge of the subject, making un-useful comments.
I guess that's forum life

It will take more than you Del monaco to make me lose my sense of humour, but from past experience on forums, interesting/informative/helpful threads are often spoiled by someone with no knowledge of the subject, making un-useful comments.
I guess that's forum life
I don’t get where you’re coming from? I originally responded to a post saying the Devialet looked like a blue ray player. You have then become very personal and unpleasant. I also spoke from the perspective of knowing Devialet. Strange comments.

Putting aside SQ differences, a consideration for a purchase, especially a costly one, must be potential after sales support and repair, if needed.

With the Audionet, it is highly likely that an amp could be repaired/serviced should Audionet fail. With a Devialet, if they shut down I really can't see much hope of any third party being able to repair.

The below link provides an insight to Devialet customer care. OK, these review sites tend to attract a high proportion of negativity by their nature, but still I think a general view of Devialet becomes clear.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.devialet.com

advertisement

Back